Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

I'm really enjoying hearing all the music posted here.

Here is Roxy Music's beautiful tribute to Humphrey Bogart.  

Awesome, it's obvious to me that you have good taste my friend. Here's something different, as all my post's here have been all over the place. But hey, that's the beauty of being open minded & a musician at the same time. Hope ya enjoy this one, dope remix of Strawberry Fields Forever.

Awesome, it's obvious to me that you have good taste my friend. Here's something different, as all my post's here have been all over the place. But hey, that's the beauty of being open minded & a musician at the same time. Hope ya enjoy this one, dope remix of Strawberry Fields Forever.

Well, thank you, MultiEye.  I confess I'm a little stuck in the 60s and 70s (and earlier) with my taste, but enjoyed this version of "Strawberry Fields," one of my favorites of theirs.  

What instrument do you play?

• Like 1

Well, thank you, MultiEye.  I confess I'm a little stuck in the 60s and 70s (and earlier) with my taste, but enjoyed this version of "Strawberry Fields," one of my favorites of theirs.  

What instrument do you play?

Guitar (Acoustic & Electric), Bass, keyboards, a little drums (I can hold a simple beat together) & Harmonica. Don't get me wrong though, as I've stated before, my style of music starts from 1800's - 2014 so far. All artists of every year I have the utmost respect for despite whether or not I like it or not. The 50's, 60's & 70's where the best in my book. The 80's was too everybody let's get fudged up & change the scene, which is great but I'm nto a fan of most of the music that came out. The best thing that came out of the 80's was Metallica, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Anthrax, & hard rock metal groups. The Hip-Hop was good too but that's another topic. lol THE BEATLES, BOB DYLAN, JOHNNY CASH, OZZY, METALLICA, GRATEFUL DEAD, BOB MARLEY, DEAN MARTIN, ELVIS PRESLEY, JIMI HENDRIX, PINK FLOYD, NEIL YOUNG, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, VAN HALEN & many more I forget at the moment are the reason I am who I am today. That's why I am a musician & proud of it.

• Like 1

Guitar (Acoustic & Electric), Bass, keyboards, a little drums (I can hold a simple beat together) & Harmonica. Don't get me wrong though, as I've stated before, my style of music starts from 1800's - 2014 so far. All artists of every year I have the utmost respect for despite whether or not I like it or not. The 50's, 60's & 70's where the best in my book. The 80's was too everybody let's get fudged up & change the scene, which is great but I'm nto a fan of most of the music that came out. The best thing that came out of the 80's was Metallica, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Anthrax, & hard rock metal groups. The Hip-Hop was good too but that's another topic. lol THE BEATLES, BOB DYLAN, JOHNNY CASH, OZZY, METALLICA, GRATEFUL DEAD, BOB MARLEY, DEAN MARTIN, ELVIS PRESLEY, JIMI HENDRIX, PINK FLOYD, NEIL YOUNG, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN, VAN HALEN & many more I forget at the moment are the reason I am who I am today. That's why I am a musician & proud of it.

Oh, I envy you that, and you should be proud.  As a child I took piano lessons but had no talent--I guess most of us are meant just to listen!  Agree with many of your favorites (especially adore Neil Young) and was lucky to see The Beatles (first concert!) and Jimi Hendrix.   It's so easy to get lost in YouTube videos and fun to read the comments of young 'uns just discovering these remarkable bands.  Best not to dis today's music, so will leave it at that!  

• Like 1

Oh, I envy you that, and you should be proud.  As a child I took piano lessons but had no talent--I guess most of us are meant just to listen!  Agree with many of your favorites (especially adore Neil Young) and was lucky to see The Beatles (first concert!) and Jimi Hendrix.   It's so easy to get lost in YouTube videos and fun to read the comments of young 'uns just discovering these remarkable bands.  Best not to dis today's music, so will leave it at that!  

Wow!!! That's awesome that you got the chance to see The Beatles & Hendrix. The Beatles have been my favorite band of all time since I was about 3 or 4 listening to the radio & not knowing what music was, I always dug it when The Beatles came on. I remember it was Hello, Goodbye that sealed the deal for me. We both have good taste in music, I can see that. And NEVER say you don't have the talent for anything you think you can't achieve. I thought that way for years about the guitar & I can say I get by now, but I'm no expert in any field, I just know how to get by & I like what I like & there's no changing that that's for sure. haha Keep a positive mindset & if you wanna learn piano or whatever, the time spent in it, the more you will get out of it. Challenge yourself daily as I try to do. Still can't believe you got the see Hendrix!!!

jimi_hendrix_by_kine80-d5wx4n3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!!! That's awesome that you got the chance to see The Beatles & Hendrix. The Beatles have been my favorite band of all time since I was about 3 or 4 listening to the radio & not knowing what music was, I always dug it when The Beatles came on. I remember it was Hello, Goodbye that sealed the deal for me. We both have good taste in music, I can see that. And NEVER say you don't have the talent for anything you think you can't achieve. I thought that way for years about the guitar & I can say I get by now, but I'm no expert in any field, I just know how to get by & I like what I like & there's no changing that that's for sure. haha Keep a positive mindset & if you wanna learn piano or whatever, the time spent in it, the more you will get out of it. Challenge yourself daily as I try to do. Still can't believe you got the see Hendrix!!!

jimi_hendrix_by_kine80-d5wx4n3.jpg

Sorry to have missed your post; I think I mixed up a couple of similar threads.  I know, the Beatles sure weren't a bad way to start!  My parents took my sister and me--we were very young.  It was at a football stadium, girls screaming, just a wonderful blurry memory.  I WAS lucky to see Jimi Hendrix (great psychedelic poster, by the way!) twice--I just loved him.  Also Led Zeppelin, Credence Clearwater, The Rolling Stones (7 times!), The Who, Steppenwolf, Cream, The Animals, The Kinks, Jefferson Airplane, Grand Funk Railroad, David Bowie, Roxy Music, and so many more of that era.  Somewhere I have a box of concert stubs--I must search for it!  

• Like 1

Sorry to have missed your post; I think I mixed up a couple of similar threads.  I know, the Beatles sure weren't a bad way to start!  My parents took my sister and me--we were very young.  It was at a football stadium, girls screaming, just a wonderful blurry memory.  I WAS lucky to see Jimi Hendrix (great psychedelic poster, by the way!) twice--I just loved him.  Also Led Zeppelin, Credence Clearwater, The Rolling Stones (7 times!), The Who, Steppenwolf, Cream, The Animals, The Kinks, Jefferson Airplane, Grand Funk Railroad, David Bowie, Roxy Music, and so many more of that era.  Somewhere I have a box of concert stubs--I must search for it!  

All my favorites right there minus David Bowie (not a fan). But that's cool with me, The Stones SEVEN TIMES!!!! That's something to be proud of. How about Bob Dylan or Bob Marley??? It's rare to see Bob Dylan come around these parts, but he was here last year & I missed him, so the next chance I get I'm taking it. haha

.. It's rare to see Bob Dylan come around these parts, but he was here last year & I missed him, so the next chance I get I'm taking it. haha..

Have you listened to his satellite radio show? I swear, his collection must contain one of every album ever produced - his personal collection.

All my favorites right there minus David Bowie (not a fan). But that's cool with me, The Stones SEVEN TIMES!!!! That's something to be proud of. How about Bob Dylan or Bob Marley??? It's rare to see Bob Dylan come around these parts, but he was here last year & I missed him, so the next chance I get I'm taking it. haha

Yep, I'm pretty smitten with the Rolling Stones.  My first show was 1969, and the opening group was Ike and Tina Turner.  My friends and I were pretty young and had an older sister drive.  I realize now how lucky I was that my parents let me go to so many concerts at such a tender age.

I've never seen Bob Dylan, though my parents did, in the mid-sixties or so.  (My mother loved his music.)  I confess I'm not a big reggae fan, but I admire Bob Marley.  I think I saw Peter Tosh (if that's his name) open for the Rolling Stones in 1978.

To be continued!

• Like 1

Yep, I'm pretty smitten with the Rolling Stones.  My first show was 1969, and the opening group was Ike and Tina Turner.  My friends and I were pretty young and had an older sister drive.  I realize now how lucky I was that my parents let me go to so many concerts at such a tender age.

I've never seen Bob Dylan, though my parents did, in the mid-sixties or so.  (My mother loved his music.)  I confess I'm not a big reggae fan, but I admire Bob Marley.  I think I saw Peter Tosh (if that's his name) open for the Rolling Stones in 1978.

To be continued!

Wow, my mind has been blown right there with Peter Tosh, yes you're correct haha My mom got to meet Bob Dylan at a college committee event that they had a fund raiser to get him to come to the college & he said that'd he'd only be there if they had some sort of special piano, & they raied a bunch of dough & she said he only played 1 song on that piano haha But hey she helped put it together & she was lucky enough to shake his hand. This was in 1990, 2 years before I entered this world. Getting back to the Stones though, he's a track Mick Jagger did with Peter Tosh back in the late 70's or early 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUrktHhuzzY

Wow, my mind has been blown right there with Peter Tosh, yes you're correct haha My mom got to meet Bob Dylan at a college committee event that they had a fund raiser to get him to come to the college & he said that'd he'd only be there if they had some sort of special piano, & they raied a bunch of dough & she said he only played 1 song on that piano haha But hey she helped put it together & she was lucky enough to shake his hand. This was in 1990, 2 years before I entered this world. Getting back to the Stones though, he's a track Mick Jagger did with Peter Tosh back in the late 70's or early 80's.

Oh, that's a great story about your mom and Bob Dylan!  How exciting for her!  Thanks for the video with Peter Tosh.  I was dazed from the sun, but think remember he played for quite awhile that day.  You were born in the nineties!  Yikes, I suddenly feel quite ancient.  On the other hand, I did get to see those legendary bands...

Our conversation had me curious about the concerts I'd seen, so I dug out old diaries.  I hadn't realized I'd seen Jimi three times!  I wrote that in one performance he was sick (or something) and had to keep leaving the stage.  Led Zeppelin four times.  They didn't have an opening act and usually played about three hours.  During the drum solos my girlfriends and I left the audience and wandered around the arena.  (I know--if I knew then....)  I forgot to mention Van Morrison, soon after his "Moondance" days.  Also Rory Gallagher, Ten Years After, and Black Sabbath.  I still regret missing The Doors.  I was either on a family vacation, or they didn't come to my city.