ERIK SATIE  Piano Works  

daniel-varsano-sony-classical-2-cm.jpg

NICK DRAKE Bryter Layter

516n00ms+GL._SX466_.jpg

NICK DRAKE Pink Moon 

R-1025525-1433148063-6159.jpeg.jpg 

THOMPSON TWINS Quick Step and Side Kick 

R-1182385-1335639818.jpeg.jpg

My new favorite guitar player, Alexandra Whittingham , a classical player, here playing a popular favorite.

https://youtu.be/M2NIfqE4H1o

• Like 1

Listening to a 45' rpm single. 

LORD WESTBROOK / "THE LADY FROM DOBY STREET" (Instrumental)/ 1963 / BIGTOP Records, Inc.

"The Lady From Doby Street" is the 'B'-side, btw.  The 'A'-side is "Quiet, Please!".

• Like 1

^ I'll be looking that one up at YouTube. 

After listening to STOOGES, I typically segway to DOORS:

THE DOORS Morrison Hotel 

That song is not on YouTube, hallows.  Only the "A"-side is.  That's why I had to play the record to hear it.  So much easier to go to YT and listen to whatever . . . if it's been uploaded. 

13 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

LORD WESTBROOK

HTF ... I found only this...and I love it: 

Dreamy warm and breezy.  Now I need more. 

• Like 1

The above YouTube popped up from last night - this site remembers everything you start and abandon.  I had decided not to post the above, it's silly really, not "sleazy" but the album cover might be lurid. 

I meant to post this is what I'm listening to : THE HARMONICATS Times to Remember

81p73wWNdIL._SX355_.jpg

I'm glad you liked Lord Westbrook, hallows.  I think that 1956 LP was his only album as the 'lead'.  I don't know of any other LP's where he was the 'lead'. He played backup a lot. 

As far as QUIET, PLEASE! goes that's not the full song.  It properly ends with Westbrook saying "Quiet, Please" again. 

I never thought of that song as a 'sleazy instrumental' or an 'upper frontal shaker'.  

5 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I'm glad you liked Lord Westbrook, hallows.  I think that 1956 LP was his only album as the 'lead'.  I don't know of any other LP's where he was the 'lead'. He played backup a lot. 

As far as QUIET, PLEASE! goes that's not the full song.  It properly ends with Westbrook saying "Quiet, Please" again. 

I never thought of that song as a 'sleazy instrumental' or an 'upper frontal shaker'.  

Listening right now to that YouTube I posted of LORD WESTBROOK.  Nice.

The album cover of upper frontal is silly fun, stupid, but I like music like all of the tracks on that collection... particularly "Quiet Please". 

Eternal Echoes by John Barry, his final solo album. (The second is my favorite on the album.)

On 2/16/2020 at 2:45 PM, Allhallowsday said:

The above YouTube popped up from last night - this site remembers everything you start and abandon.  I had decided not to post the above, it's silly really, not "sleazy" but the album cover might be lurid. 

I apologize. Don't take this the wrong way, but the first thing that popped in my head when I heard this was this scene...

• Like 2

50 years ago this month, after Peter Green had left the band, the remaining members of  Fleetwood Mac moved into this home in Alton and recorded the album Kiln House, with cover art by the bassists's wife and future band member Christine Perfect McVie. 

3466825_5dc20073.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

50 years ago this month, after Peter Green had left the band, the remaining members of  Fleetwood Mac moved into this home in Alton and recorded the album Kiln House, with cover art by the bassists's wife and future band member Christine Perfect McVie.

Great information.  Like a lot of Americans I became aware of FLEETWOOD MAC with the Fleetwood Mac album, which of course was followed by Rumours - a monster.   Before their huge fame, I saw some album covers and I liked their name!  Later, I've come to appreciate what they did - whatever the incarnation! 

Kiln House is on YouTube listening now... 

Bireli Lagrene - I've Got You Under My Skin;    I like listening to how he goes over the changes after hearing the iconic Sinatra version.