Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

25 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

I think BOB WELCH left that band just before that record. 

yes he did & they helped him to get a solo record deal

EASY, MY RUNNER-UP MOST VALUED DVD JUST WENT OFF AGAIN-(no, not MADONNA this time sports fans)

A 2 disc dvd  4hrs of FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA  TITLED-(fellow fans an absolute to get it!!!)

ALL OR NOTHING AT ALL from HBO

please do let me know if you either already have it, heard of it, or hope to get it?

thanx

Some Enchanted Evening Art Garfunkel -Jan 2007

Art Garfunkel Some Enchanted Evening Cover.jpg

Garfunkel sings a nice collections of standards and show tunes. His voice is as clear and beautiful as ever, he was in his 60s when he recorded this. He does a very good version of the Gershwin classic "Someone To Watch Over Me". Also a nice jazzy "Let's Fall in Love". My favorite track is the doo w o p song "Life Is But A Dream", he hits an impressive high note on this one. The Rogers and Hammerstein classic 'If I Loved You" (from Carousel) is good too. This is the last album Garfunkel has released to date, hopefully there will be more, maybe another collaboration with Paul Simon would be nice too. 

Laurindo Almedia was one fine fusion player.    His work with the L.A. Four stands out.     It had that Latin feel without that soft-jazz vibe.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Laurindo Almedia was one fine fusion player.    His work with the L.A. Four stands out.     It had that Latin feel without that soft-jazz vibe.

That is wonderful!  It's very much like his work on SAMMY DAVIS JR. Sings LAURINDO ALMEIDA Plays... just lovely.