Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
movieman1957

What Are You Listening To?

So Beautiful Or So What Paul Simon-Apr 2011

Sobeautifulcover.png

Simon's first in 5 years and one of his best. His songwriting is still very sharp and his vocals are as smooth as ever. "Getting Ready For Christmas Day" is a good opening, inspired by 1941 sermon by a minister Rev Gates, in which samples are heard in the song. "The Aferlife" is one of his wittiest songs as it portrays heaven as just filling out forms and waiting in line. " Rewrite"  is  a good one where Simon sings in the character of an old Vietnam vet working at a car wash who wants to be a writer. The title song is the last one and has some great electric guitar by Simon and good lyrics about accepting life is what you make of it. 

On 7/3/2020 at 2:07 PM, Allhallowsday said:

VELVET TINMINE  Glam Rock Junkers

s-l500.jpg

51HeResr58L._SX425_.jpg 

Cocktail Mix Vol 2  

I have that Cocktail Mix Vol 2. cd! I love it. I loved the lounge music trend of the 1990's. I have the Ultra-Lounge cd series as well, but I just listen to them on Spotify now. 

• Like 1

AARON COPLAND Appalachian Spring  Billy The Kid Danzon Cubano El Salon Mexico ANTAL DORATI London Symphony  

1orglp0144-45__40947.1544636343.jpg?c=2

I'm listening to Fee Waybill,   Rides Again,  which I just received in the mail from Fee and his wife.    His wife (Elizabeth) and my wife are besties and there is a very sweet dedication to Liz on the inside cover.     It is a picture of a Maya temple with a poem.      They meet at this place during the 90s at a full solar  ellipse.

The CD is produced by Richard Marx,   who wrote all but one of the songs with Fee .      Some very nice music here.    

Available on Amazon.   

Fee Waybill Rides Again

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:54 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm listening to Fee Waybill,   Rides Again,  which I just received in the mail from Fee and his wife.    His wife (Elizabeth) and my wife are besties and there is a very sweet dedication to Liz on the inside cover.     It is a picture of a Maya temple with a poem.      They meet at this place during the 90s at a full solar  ellipse.

The CD is produced by Richard Marx,   who wrote all but one of the songs with Fee .      Some very nice music here.    

Available on Amazon.   

Fee Waybill Rides Again

I'm replying to my own post because I do wish to promote this CD by Fee Waybill;  He just turned 71 and this may well be the last work from this member of the band,  The Tubes.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm replying to my own post because I do wish to promote this CD by Fee Waybill;  He just turned 71 and this may well be the last work from this member of the band,  The Tubes.

How do you like the album? 

I'm listening to SLY & THE FAMILY STONE There's A Riot Goin' On  

Sly-The-Family-Stone-Theres-A-Riot-Goin-

1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

Thanks for posting this (Faker being the first song on the CD);     This type of music isn't really my taste but I like it;  I.e. it rocks and moves and the there is solid musicianship here.

When John (his actual name) and I play,  I make him sing standards like Fly Me too the Moon! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Thanks for posting this (Faker being the first song on the CD);     This type of music isn't really my taste but I like it;  I.e. it rocks and moves and the there is solid musicianship here.

When John (his actual name) and I play,  I make him sing standards like Fly Me too the Moon! 

I'd love to hear it! 

The whole album Rides Again is available on YouTube - maybe thru FEE WAYBILL.  Reminds me of THE TUBES.  I like it!