Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun.jpg

Waiting For The Sun  by The Doors-July 1968

One of my favorite albums by one of my favorite groups. It begins with the catchy #1 hit "Hello I Love You". "Love Street" is an intriguing song about hippie times with lines like "there's the store where the creatures meet", beautifully sung by Jim Morrison. Morrison's wild poetic imagery is in the next track "Not To Touch The Earth", the music builds to a frenzy and ends with the iconic line "I am the Lizard King, I can do anything". The haunting wistful ballad "Summer's Almost Gone" is next, followed by another song about a season, the waltz "Wintertime Love" with harpsichord. Side 1 ends with the war song "The Unknown Soldier" with a chilling reenactment of a firing squad. Side 2 begins with great flamenco guitars with "Spanish Caravan". "My Wild Love" is a weird chanting song with spare instrumentation, only handclaps and some percussion. "We Could Be So Good Together" is a catchy pop song. "Yes The River Knows" is a gentle soothing track with nice piano by Ray Manzarek and guitar by Robby Krieger. The final song "Five To One" starts with military drumming by John Densmore and Morrison growls and screams the lyrics about the young getting stronger and taking over.

I always listen to my songs to make sure they sound just right. 

Today I am listening to my own singing on "I'm getting use to you". I have an octave, so singing this one was a good idea since it's very low key. Hope you all listen as well! 

On 9/21/2020 at 6:50 PM, Det Jim McLeod said:

Waiting For The Sun  by The Doors-July 1968

I consider that one of their lesser albums.  I love THE DOORS too.  L.A. WOMAN is my own favorite but the only one that ranks with Waiting For The Sun is The Soft Parade (which I like better).