Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Listening To?

51 minutes ago, SweetSue said:

Close enough, Bay Area, I consider SF local because of how often I'm able to visit haha.

My employer was based in SFO and I visited that beautiful city once.   I love California. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

My employer was based in SFO and I visited that beautiful city once.   I love California. 

Not sure how recent you've visited, but I doubt it would be as beautiful as you last saw it. Lotta homelessness and crime now days, it's very sad. California is great though because there is a lot to do, couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

December 2000... perhaps you were a twinkle in your Dad's eye...?

Wow haha yeah, a month before I was born then. I can guarantee you SF will disappoint you if you were to visit now. Unless, you stick to the museums and gallery areas, those are always fun.

6 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Oh wow, I've never heard this before! It's really good! Reminds me of one of the only modern day artists I listen to named Caro Emerald. I guess her music is often considered more of "Swing pop" or "electro swing", but I love it!

🙂

And the acoustic version of her song "I Belong To You" is amazing:

17 hours ago, SweetSue said:

Oh wow, I've never heard this before! It's really good! Reminds me of one of the only modern day artists I listen to named Caro Emerald. I guess her music is often considered more of "Swing pop" or "electro swing", but I love it!

🙂

I really like those Cara Emerald songs.   Yes,  the singer of the Zippers,  Katharine Whalen and Cara have a similar voice and style of singing.

The Zippers put out some nice records,  but my favorite is a solo album by Whalen call Jazz Squad.     Here is one track,  the old standard Just You,  Just Me.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I really like those Cara Emerald songs.   Yes,  the singer of the Zippers,  Katharine Whalen and Cara have a similar voice and style of singing.

The Zippers put out some nice records,  but my favor is a solo album by Whalen call Jazz Squad.     Here is one track,  the old standard Just You,  Just Me.

It's so cool hearing this version of the song! She's a great vocalist wow. I mostly know the song from the 1929 film Marianne when Lawrence Gray plays it on Uke, I think this is also where it originated. Plus the lovely Marion Davies is amazing as well😄

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

BARNEY KESSEL again...!  Cool. 

I knew Kessel had recorded Sweet Sue.   I couldn't think of anyone else that did so yea,  we get Kessel again.

• Thanks 1