Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm missing EDDIE and AL

I'm not sure if these films fall under the comedy or musical category, but I miss the EDDIE CANTOR and AL JOLSON films. Obviously there was alot of singing in these films, but there was also alot of comedy. Why haven't more of these films turned up on TCM?

> {quote:title=BixB wrote:}{quote}

> Since both Cantor and Jolson performed at least once in blackface in each of the films, it's very likely that TCM is nervous about running them.

Yes, I'm suspicious that's the reason. However, TCM has showed other films in the past that could be construed as "racist" by some thin skinned individuals looking to create a situation where none exists. These films are classics and deserve to get screened on TCM. If AMC could show all the old Cantor films, once upon a time, then there's no reason why TCM can't follow suit. I hope TCM is not running scared like the FOX Movie Channel which gave into pressure from some Asian American groups and pulled CHARLIE CHAN films from their station.