Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 Paramount noirs to be released on DVD

• 2 weeks later...

Holly, thanks for the heads-up about the forthcoming noir films. I'm especially interested in "Appointment with Danger", a film I've never seen. Anything with the under-rated Jan Sterling is of interest to me. (Have you seen her in "Mystery Street"? she's not in it much, but somehow you remember her...)

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder why these companies license films (and pay for the licensing) when they can dig into the public domain, clean up the prints, and release them with commentary and whatever other extras they can get their hands on. Ida Lupino (as director) and Phil Karlson have some damn good titles sitting in the PD (although their are clean prints of their films out there)

• 4 weeks later...

Ive never heard of any of these but since I like Noir I decided to order all 3 and take my chances again...

I have all the Warner Sets, most of the Fox ones, the Sony ones & the Universal ones...I do like them a lot so I figured I might like these too

Anyone have any feedback on these titles ??