Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best mobile apps to enhance your movie-watching experience?

I haven't seen any threads about the different mobile apps that you can use to enhance your movie-watching experience (though there is one that was posted just after TCM announced its own mobile app) - so I thought this might be a good way to share your favorite movie-related apps.

Here's the ones I like best:

1. TCM app (well obviously)

2. Netflix app (lets you stream movies to the iPad)

3. IMDB.com app

4. Leonard Maltin Movie Guide app

5. DirecTV app (lets you control DVR when away from home)

6. YouTube app

My only problem with the IMDB iPhone app is that you can't rate films (therefore adding them to your Vote History) from the app. One has to open the page you want in Safari. That's the only way I keep track of what I've watched from TCM.

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> I haven't seen any threads about the different mobile apps that you can use to enhance your movie-watching experience (though there is one that was posted just after TCM announced its own mobile app) - so I thought this might be a good way to share your favorite movie-related apps.

>

> Here's the ones I like best:

>

> 2. Netflix app (lets you stream movies to the iPad)

I would neither be able (nor would I want to) to enjoy nor watch a movie on a screen so small. I just find the very concept ridiculous (IMHO).

I've to confess that, to date, I have yet to watch a full movie on my iPad. But I feel that for some lesser movies (and maybe even some episodes of TV shows), it just might be an ideal way to kill some time when I'm stuck someplace with nothing to do and I don't have a book with me.

(Yes, of course the iPad also has a book app, but that's not what I was hoping to talk about here ;) )