Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FredCDobbs

What Are You Watching Now?

I just watched an oddity of sorts...a Kraft Music Hall from 67 hosted by,...Woody Allen.  I wouldn't associate the two, even in this time frame, but he did sketch comedy as a Shirley Temple-type child star, and a take-off on Bonnie and Clyde...and talked 60s politics with William F. Buckley (?).  sort of an interesting little time capsule, complete with mini skirt dilemma.   If you want to see it, here's a link (Uncle Earl's site)  https://www.solie.org/alibrary/KraftMusicHall_WoodyAllenLooksat1967.html

• Like 2

I'm watching a British suspense drama called DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS (1948). Someone uploaded it on YouTube ten hours ago.

• Like 1

Catastrophe TV series.  Sort of an R-rated modern comedic twist to Love with the Proper Stranger.    An American man on a business trip to London meets an Irish woman.  They hit it off, hook up and he goes home.  She calls him later to inform him that she's pregnant.   They decide to make a go of it as a couple and the rest of the series follows their ups and downs.    It's not perfect but I appreciate that they let the characters have moments of selfishness and failure.  Carrie Fisher played the American's mother.  She died at the end of season three and they incorporated her death into the final season.   Only four seasons long. 

• Like 1

Season 2 episodes of The Streets of San Francisco. I am going in reverse order. I started with Season 5 a few weeks ago, then watched Season 4, followed by Season 3. Now Season 2. I don't know how Michael Douglas & Karl Malden do it, but they keep defying age and are looking younger and younger.

Another great episode of The Streets of San Francisco. This one has Peter Strauss playing a priest killer.