Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

Empire of the Ants (1977) - Comet TV

Bert I. Gordon goes big. So what else is new? This time with ants. Starring two Star Trek alumni, Joan Collins and Robert Lansing, plus the father of the future captain of the U.S.S. Enterprise, Robert Pine.

• Like 3

The Food of the Gods (1976) - Comet TV

Bert I. Gordon goes big. Again! With a menagerie of animals this time. Including giant chickens. Starring Marjoe Gortner and Pamela Franklin. Plus, sad to say, Ralph Meeker and Ida Lupino.

• Like 1

The Food of the Gods (1976) - Comet TV

Bert I. Gordon goes big. Again! With a menagerie of animals this time. Including giant chickens. Starring Marjoe Gortner and Pamela Franklin. Plus, sad to say, Ralph Meeker and Ida Lupino.

I believe it was Ida's last feature, or else close to it. What a way to wrap up a prestigious motion picture career.

Some Kind of Wonderful - Another John Hughes scripted movie. This seems like a gender-swap remake of Pretty in Pink. Starring Eric Stoltz, Mary Stuart Masterson, Lea Thompson, and Craig Sheffer.

• Like 1

Stagefright - Italian Giallo slasher movie about a theatrical troupe locked inside their theater and stalked by an escaped lunatic wearing a large owl mask. Someone posted a link of the "Best Horror Films of the Past 30 Years" awhile back, and this was on the list.

• Like 1

I'm watching THE WIFE OF MONTE CRISTO and STRANGE ILLUSION tonight on Amazon Prime. Both are directed by the fabulous Edgar Ulmer.

After THE WIFE OF MONTE CRISTO (which I liked), I ended up watching DETOUR instead. There's a very good print of it on Amazon Prime-- usually TCM shows the poor-looking public domain copy. I had forgotten how enjoyable the dialogue is in DETOUR and how interesting Tom Neal is on screen. 

• Like 1

Wings of Desire - Finally getting around to this one. I've had it recorded off of TCM since Debra Winger chose it as a Guest Programmer, which according to our TCM record-keepers means since May of 2012! That didn't take too long to get to, did it? 

^_^

Withnail & I - Cult British comedy. This one was taped off of TCM when Anthony Bourdain was the Guest Programmer in April of 2012. 

When I met Richard Griffiths I told him how much I liked him in this film and he said of Uncle Monty, "a man of great integrity."

• Like 1