Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

Another colorized Holmes story for me today. It's THE WOMAN IN GREEN on Hulu. 

The hues seems better. 

Hillary Brooke is most excellent. She has a unique way of combining guilelessness with suspicious behavior. 

Mr. North - I'm not sure what to expect from this film, which has been described as "Capra-esque". It stars Anthony Edwards, Anjelica Huston, Virginia Madsen, Harry Dean Stanton, David Warner, Mary Stuart Masterson, Lauren Bacall and Robert Mitchum. It was directed by Danny (son of John) Huston.

000771_31.jpg

Despite getting up early on Sunday, I got sucked into a 'Golden Girls' vortex and have been watching it all morning.  It all started because I turned on the TV and it was the episode where Blanche writes the romance novel.  What a tour de force performance by Rue McClanahan.  Hilarious.  Well that was three hours ago.  I'm still sitting on the couch.  I did manage to make my husband breakfast before he left for work.  So there's that.

Later, when I'm finished with my day's errands, I hope to settle down with some movies.  I made a killing at the movie store yesterday.  

Once Upon a Texas Train - TV movie Western with a big cast of familiar faces, including Willie Nelson, Richard Widmark, Shaun Cassidy, Chuck Connors, Ken Curtis, Royal Dano, Jack Elam, Gene Evans, Kevin McCarthy, Dub Taylor, Stuart Whitman, Red West, Harry Carey Jr, Hank Worden,  and Angie Dickinson.

Once_Upon_a_Texas_Train_1266406609_0_198

• Like 1

Once Upon a Texas Train - TV movie Western with a big cast of familiar faces, including Willie Nelson, Richard Widmark, Shaun Cassidy, Chuck Connors, Ken Curtis, Royal Dano, Jack Elam, Gene Evans, Kevin McCarthy, Dub Taylor, Stuart Whitman, Red West, Harry Carey Jr, Hank Worden,  and Angie Dickinson.

Glad Angie gets a Summer Under the Stars day in August. 

Police Academy 5 - Assignment: Miami Beach - Fifth in the comedy series, this time sans Guttenberg. This one adds Matt McCoy and Rene Auberjonois to the proceedings. This is also the first that I haven't seen previously.

policeacademy5.jpg

I just finished watching TERROR BY NIGHT on Hulu...in color. Holmes and Watson were on a train, and Alan Mowbray was the bad guy trying to steal a diamond called the Star of Rhodesia. Fun stuff. Now it's on to SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SECRET WEAPON.

Well it's probably not a shock, but I'm watching the Errol Flynn marathon on TCM.  Unfortunately, I did not start watching it from the beginning, because it started at 3AM.  I started it 2.5 movies in by popping into the middle of The Adventures of Don Juan.  I have all of the films featured today, so I did not really miss anything.

Right now San Antonio is starting.  At some point, I'll actually have to get ready for the day, but right now I'm relaxing. 

Day 1 of vacation! 

• Like 2

Raiders of the Magic Ivory - Italian action flick starring James Mitchum about 2 American mercenaries hired by a Chinese eccentric to travel to Vietnam and retrieve an ivory tablet supposedly imbued with mystical power.

RaidersoftheMagicIvory-Cover-131293.jpg

The ending of The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex.

SPOILER ALERT

Darn you Bette Davis! Condemning my love to have his head chopped off. BETTE! YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS! 

• Like 3

Captain Blood.  I don't like Flynn's wig, but he made a mullet look good in They Died With Their Boots On, so I could live with it.

captain%20blood%20errol%20flynn%20dvd%20

I'd buy him. 

a8e8a5143153ebaad18977d20eb7b4f8.jpg

Here's Flynn being fitted into one of his Captain Blood costumes.  He looks way better without the goofy wig.

• Like 2

I finally finished watching the season 2 episodes of Kojak I somehow missed before. Definitely recommend all of them. They're on Hulu.

The one with Martin Balsam, A Killing in the Second House, is very good-- he gives a master class in acting; and the ending where Kojak sympathizes with Balsam's character, driven to murder because of his wife, is most excellent. Another story with Zohra Lampert, The Queen of Gypsies, is interesting-- she plays a small-time con artist who masterminds a heist. I also watched one called Acts of Desperate Men where Eugene Roche takes over a dead killer's hit list-- as contrived as the plot seems, Roche makes it work and turns in a highly credible performance. Lastly, Wall Street Gunslinger has several subplots that coalesce in dramatic fashion-- and the opening sequence (Savalas doesn't show up until around the 10 minute mark) which focuses on an elaborate ruse, is quite engaging. There is very little 'down time' in this particular episode and I think it's one of the best written stories of the entire second season of Kojak.

On this birthday eve, I decided to have mango margaritas.  I'm pairing my margarita with Fred and Rita, whose real name is Margarita!  I'm watching "You'll Never Get Rich" and then I'm planning on watching "You Were Never Lovelier." 

• Like 1