Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

Just finished watching a third season episode of Kojak on Hulu...called 'Secret Snow, Deadly Snow.' Robert Mandan (who made more of a name for himself on sitcoms) is excellent in a dramatic role as a doctor who's pushing cocaine on the side. This story had several subplots with the people in his orbit, and how he outfoxes them all. Except of course, one Theo Kojak.

The ending really had a Columbo feel to it, where he and Crocker finally nail the bad doctor. 

• Like 1

Warlords - Grade-Z post-nuke action starring David Carradine, Sid Haig, Ross Hagen, Robert Quarry, and scream queen Brinke Stevens.

David Carradine is always good for a watch.

Waxwork - Not the silent German film, but a tongue-in-cheek horror flick about a mysterious wax museum operated by David Warner whose displays can transport people into the realm they represent. An excuse to shoot many small horror segments, with many different looks, including Miles O'Keefe as Dracula, John Rhys Davies as a werewolf, mummies, the Phantom of the Opera, and even the Marquis De Sade. Also featuring Patrick Macnee.

250px-Waxworkposter.jpg

Women On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown - Spanish film from director Pedro Almodovar. I've seen several of his later films, like All About My Mother, Talk to Her, Volver, Bad Education, and The Skin I Live In, but never this film that first brought his name to the attention of American audiences. Looking forward to it. It's also the final film in my 1988 pile of movies.

Women_on_the_Verge_of_a_Nervous_Breakdow

Have I said yet how much I love watching Kojak...?!  Just finished a great third season episode called 'Over the Water.' Savalas directed it. The story finds Kojak in a tug-of-war between an aging gangster and his good-for-nothing son who has designs on sending the old man to jail and taking over the family business. Lots of double crosses. Excellent all the way. 

Another one called 'Out of the Frying Pan' featured Eugene Roche, who had previously appeared in a season 2 installment. This time Roche was on the right side of the law-- except he was an officer with a drinking problem who brought disgrace upon himself and his precinct. Roche was such a splendid performer-- he sort of did it all on TV, but I think his work in crime dramas is truly first-rate.

2 whole, incredible hours of Jimi Hendrix on PBS' American Masters. Will replay at 2:00 AM tonight.

I saw this listed last night and recorded but haven't watched yet.  I enjoyed there their show on Ricky Jay a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

I saw this listed last night and recorded but haven't watched yet.  I enjoyed there their show on Ricky Jay a couple of years ago.

They did a good job putting this one together - lots of live action footage from various concerts and interviews. You know you're good when John Lennon and Paul McCartney come to the club to catch your performance.

"Terror at London Bridge"

The Hoff in England??

No, they moved the bridge (along with Jack the Ripper?) to Arizona.

Could it get any better?

Yup, add in both Adrienne Barbeau and Rose Marie!!!

• Like 2