Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

Okay, I now have a chance to sit down and watch Kojak. LOL  Looking at a two-parter from the beginning of season 3-- called 'A Question of Answers' with guests Eli Wallach & Jerry Orbach. It's available on Hulu.

• Like 1

Short films from the early 1930's:

"The Stolen Jools" (1931)--Was a comedy made for tuberculosis relief; the studios (MGM, Warner Bros., Paramount) all donated their services and facilities, down to the film used for making the film.  Is about Norma Shearer's stolen pearls, and the incompetent cops who try to solve the case.  More than thirty stars appear in the twenty minute short. Some jokes work, some don't.

"The Devil's Cabaret" (1930)--A comedy short filmed in two-tone Technicolor milks as many jokes and puns about heat, red, and smoke as possible, then finishes with musical numbers.  A cast list is not included, but the Music credit survived--Dmitri Tiomkin wrote the ballet music for the short.  A fun watch.

Edit: I saw both films on YouTube.

Edit II: films' credits says it stars an Eddie Buzzell, but the rest of the cast is a mystery.

• Like 1

While packing a few last-minute boxes, I watched SALLY AND SAINT ANNE. A cute Universal family comedy from 1952 with Ann Blyth as Sally and Edmund Gwenn as her grandfather. Frances Bavier, pre-Mayberry, plays the mother. 

Blood Red - Immigrant farmers vs the railroad in 19th century California wine country. Starring Eric Roberts, Giancarlo Giannini, Burt Young, Susan Anspach, Marc Lawrence, Aldo Ray, Michael Madsen, Julia Roberts, and Dennis Hopper.

36463_1_front.jpg

BloodFight - Very low rent takeoff on Bloodsport about an underground fighting tournament featuring an eclectic assemblage of international fighters and styles. Featuring future Chinese film star Simon Yam,  and Bolo Yeung.

8750.jpg

Bloodfist - First in an 8 (!) film series starring Don "The Dragon" Wilson as a kickboxer meting out justice in the Philippines. Also starring Billy Blanks and a bunch of other real-life martial arts champions. Produced by Roger Corman.

hqdefault.jpg

Bloodhounds of Broadway - Damon Runyon stories are the basis for this comedy. With Matt Dillon, Rutger Hauer, Madonna, Randy Quaid, Esai Morales, Jennifer Grey, Julie Hagerty, Steve Buscemi and William S. Burroughs.

dvd_bob.jpg

That's odd...I wonder why some of the pics appear for the poster (I can see them both fine) but not for others?

Do the new pics show up for you?

I think some of these instances are browser related.

I use Chrome, but I've noticed many more using Firefox.

Those images are fine now. Thanks.

The Church - Italian horror film that's been shown on TCM Underground a few times. I'm watching my DVD copy, though. With Hugh Quarshie, Tomas Arana, and Asia Argento. Music by Keith Emerson and Goblin, and directed by Michele Soavi.

church1.jpg

I'm currently on vacation in Los Angeles, and so I checked out some films from the library that I am planning on watching: A Letter to Three Wives, Out of the Past, The Postman Always Rings Twice (original), Ziegfeld Girl, & Call Me Madam.

I'm currently on vacation in Los Angeles, and so I checked out some films from the library that I am planning on watching: A Letter to Three Wives, Out of the Past, The Postman Always Rings Twice (original), Ziegfeld Girl, & Call Me Madam.

You're watching movies on vacation? Shouldn't you be out frolicking or some such?

You're watching movies on vacation? Shouldn't you be out frolicking or some such?

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. The public library here is incredible, and the selection of movies is absolutely fantastic. Believe it or not, it was one of the main things I wanted to do when I got here. I lived in this area for 5 years, and CA as a whole for approximately 9 years of my life, so I've already seen the sights lol 

• Like 1

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. The public library here is incredible, and the selection of movies is absolutely fantastic. Believe it or not, it was one of the main things I wanted to do when I got here. I lived in this area for 5 years, and CA as a whole for approximately 9 years of my life, so I've already seen the sights lol 

Ah, that makes more sense. I used to take "stay-cations" back before that was a common expression, and just sit at home watching movies and sleeping too much, so traveling and watching movies isn't too far afield.

Hope you have fun and enjoy yourself! :D

• Like 1