Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

I'm in a hotel room in Phoenix this morning. I can't find TCM, so I've been watching George Lopez reruns. His show is actually quite funny. 

if you are using the airport, check out "Modern Burger" in the A Concourse.  Just tried it last week.  A seasoned traveler told me about it so had some coming and going and both stops were great = good burgers at reasonable prices in an airport.

• Like 1

if you are using the airport, check out "Modern Burger" in the A Concourse.  Just tried it last week.  A seasoned traveler told me about it so had some coming and going and both stops were great = good burgers at reasonable prices in an airport.

Thanks DJBeacon.

Yesterday I was on a road trip through Utah and went to Zion National Park. It was gorgeous.

Late last night I got into Phoenix and did get a hotel room near the airport...but that's because I had to wait a day to get into my new condo. 

I love a good burger, so I will keep your suggestion in mind!

Flesh Eating Mothers - Micro-budget horror comedy about a virus that causes cannibalistic tendencies. 

That title made me think of Parents (1989) - a quiet little black comedy

Godzilla vs Biollante - Second film in the Heisei series of Godzilla films. Godzilla movies are divided into three (maybe four now) groups. The Showa series include everything from the original 1954 Gojira all the way to 1975's Terror of Mechagodzilla, 15 titles in all. The second group is the Heisei series that begins with The Return of Godzilla in 1984 (released in the US as Godzilla 1985) and lasts for 7 films, ending with 1995's Godzilla vs Destroyah. Finally, there's the Millenium series, starting with Godzilla 2000 in 1999, and lasting for 6 films, ending in 2004 with Godzilla: Final Wars. After the release of the recent American Godzilla movie, word is that they are starting up a fourth series in Japan. So now you know.

biollante1.jpg

• Like 6

Harlem Nights - Prohibition-era gangster comedy starring 3 generations of R-rated comedians, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor and Redd Foxx. Also with Danny Aiello, Della Reese, Jasmine Guy, Michael Lerner, and Arsenio Hall.

Godzilla vs Biollante - Second film in the Heisei series of Godzilla films. Godzilla movies are divided into three (maybe four now) groups. The Showa series include everything from the original 1954 Gojira all the way to 1975's Terror of Mechagodzilla, 15 titles in all. The second group is the Heisei series that begins with The Return of Godzilla in 1984 (released in the US as Godzilla 1985) and lasts for 7 films, ending with 1995's Godzilla vs Destroyah. Finally, there's the Millenium series, starting with Godzilla 2000 in 1999, and lasting for 6 films, ending in 2004 with Godzilla: Final Wars. After the release of the recent American Godzilla movie, word is that they are starting up a fourth series in Japan. So now you know.

Great stuff.  A monster rosebush against the Big G!!  Even has Miki Saegusa doing her telekinesis.

Have you checked out "Barry's Temple of Godzilla"?  Some very good info but kinda dated since not much in the way of good movies in over 10 years.

But "Godzilla: Resurgence" is coming from Toho this year, at least in Japan.

• Like 1

Indio - Action movie with a "save the rainforest" message, as an ex-soldier tries to help Amazonian villagers thwart a construction company from destroying their homes. Starring Francesco (son of Anthony) Quinn, champion boxer "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler, and Brian Dennehy. Judging by the credits, it's an Italian film, although shot in English.

Intruder - Low budget slasher thriller starring Renee Estevez, with appearances by Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi, and Ted Raimi. The interesting behind-the-scenes talent includes future Quentin Tarantino collaborator Lawrence Bender as producer and co-writer, and early work by KNB EFX Group, the trio of Robert Kurtzman, Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger. The KNB group would go on to great success, becoming one of the premiere make-up effects names over the next 2 decades. Greg Nicotero, especially, has gone on to do the effects for, and frequently direct episodes of the hit show The Walking Dead.

• Like 1

The January Man - I've heard about this police film misfire for a long time, but never watched it. It was made by and stars a lot of people who were coming off of recent big hits, so everyone expected a lot, but it was a flop. Starring Kevin Kline, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Susan Sarandon, Danny Aiello, Rod Steiger, Harvey Keitel, and Alan Rickman.

• Like 1

Vertigo (1958)--great movie! One of my fave Hitchcock movies... the scenery is beautiful, I love the plot (James Stewart and Kim Novak). My favourite part of the movie that I keep rewinding on my DVD--the colourful dream sequence with the an amazing musical score (Bernard Herrmann) Scotty (Stewart) has just before he has his nervous breakdown after the death of a suicidal "Madeline Elster" (Novak) whom he loved, who plunged to her death. Scotty blames himself because his Acrophobia kept him from saving "Madeline Eltster's" life. But Scotty schools the dead woman's doppelganger, when he turns the table on her in a twist near the end of the movie after finding out he was duped by Elster. Yes, watching this right now. This movie never gets old!

• Like 1

Lonesome Dove - TV Western mini-series that I've never watched before, despite being a fan of the genre and several of the cast (Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Diane Lane, Anjelica Huston, Steve Buscemi, Chris Cooper).

• Like 1

"On The Town" (1949)--A favorite.  Comcast is showing a "25 Anniversary" print, which as the opening credits rolled, had a fancy scrolling around the screen, with neon dancing instruments (a harp and drum were most noticeable) on the scrollwork.  Is this just a fluke, or did TCM supply the same print to all stations?  BTW, I'm in East TN.

• Like 1

"On The Town" (1949)--A favorite.  Comcast is showing a "25 Anniversary" print, which as the opening credits rolled, had a fancy scrolling around the screen, with neon dancing instruments (a harp and drum were most noticeable) on the scrollwork.  Is this just a fluke, or did TCM supply the same print to all stations?  BTW, I'm in East TN.

I have DISH and am in the Portland, OR Metro-Area... 

But I saw this screen:

94b422be-2ff9-4e4b-af01-a12397c78ff4.jpg

Followed by this screen:

on-the-town-1949-movie-title-small.jpg

• Like 2

"Barry Lyndon" (1975)--And Comcast is showing a NEW Print.  Now if only there was an emoticon dancing a Irish jig, LOL.

Seriously, TCM, thanks for getting Comcast a Good print of BL.

The film's gorgeous--NOW I see why it won "Best Cinematography"!

• Like 2