Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

Mystery Train - I've seen this Jim Jarmusch film before, although this time I'm watching my Criterion disc for the first time. It's a series of short vignettes set in Memphis, Tennessee. My favorite performance is by Screamin' Jay Hawkins as a hotel front desk clerk.

521_box_348x490_original.jpg

Vertigo (1958)--great movie! One of my fave Hitchcock movies... the scenery is beautiful, I love the plot (James Stewart and Kim Novak). My favourite part of the movie that I keep rewinding on my DVD--the colourful dream sequence with the an amazing musical score (Bernard Herrmann) Scotty (Stewart) has just before he has his nervous breakdown after the death of a suicidal "Madeline Elster" (Novak) whom he loved, who plunged to her death. Scotty blames himself because his Acrophobia kept him from saving "Madeline Eltster's" life. But Scotty schools the dead woman's doppelganger, when he turns the table on her in a twist near the end of the movie after finding out he was duped by Elster. Yes, watching this right now. This movie never gets old!

Yes, it never gets old. The scenery and photography are marvelous and to think she nearly has him convinced. IT as the necklace that put him on the track. Such a shocker at the end and we never find out if original perpetrator is discovered and prosecuted. Not to spoil it for those that didn't see it. Marvelous performances by Kim Novak and James Stewart.

"Gone With The Wind" (1939), for the umpteenth time; Olivia De Havilland and Vivien Leigh are so good in this film.

They are marvelous in this film! Olivia played her part with a great sensitivity, as did Vivian Leigh. It is a timeless film and very moving in parts. I love the musical score too!

• Like 1

Night Visitor - Thriller about satanic killings targeting hookers. Excellent July 4th fare. With Richard Roundtree, Shannon Tweed, Michael J. Pollard, Allen Garfield, Elliott Gould, and Henry Gibson.

nightvisitor-box.jpg

I'm in the middle of an 'Andy Griffith Show' marathon.   I can't believe it, I think I'm actually watching an episode I haven't seen before!

• Like 1

Looking at TOMORROW IS FOREVER on Amazon Prime. Love this film. IanPatrick and I reviewed it last year. Somethng I like to watch every few months. Claudette Colbert, Orson Welles, George Brent, Lucile Watson, Richard Long and a young Natalie Wood. 

• Like 1

Physical Evidence - Mystery/thriller about an ex-cop (Burt Reynolds) accused of murder who can't recall if he did it or not. Also with Theresa Russell, Ned Beatty, Kay Lenz, and directed by Michael Crichton.

6404882_f260.jpg

• Like 1

Lawrence, you've been seeing a movie about my relatives?

This morning I watched, for the first time ever, an episode from the TV serial Peyton Place. It featured a young Ryan O'Neal as Rodney Harrington, a role that suited him well. He seems like a promising young actor, and this makes it easier to understand his rise to fame.

Lawrence, you've been seeing a movie about my relatives?

This morning I watched, for the first time ever, an episode from the TV serial Peyton Place. It featured a young Ryan O'Neal as Rodney Harrington, a role that suited him well. He seems like a promising young actor, and this makes it easier to understand his rise to fame.

Where did you see that? Online?

I'm watching THE SPIRITUALIST a.k.a. THE AMAZING MR. X on Amazon Prime. Turhan Bey stars with Lynn Bari, Richard Carlson and Cathy O'Donnell. But John Alton's impressive cinematography is the real star of this truly haunting film noir.

• Like 1

Got home late from work and didn't feel in the mood to try and search through the DVR to decide which movie I was "feeling."  So I decided to watch some 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' instead. 

I'm watching the hilarious "You Try to Be a Nice Guy" episode from near the end of the fifth season.

The funniest part of this episode is the hideously tacky green dress that Mary tries on.  An acquaintance of hers wants to be a dress designer, so as a "thank you," she makes a dress for Mary.  It's a skimpy green dress with numerous cutouts that basically exposes the entire front of Mary's body, except for the parts that are required to be hidden on 1970s television.

mary-tyler-moore-show-season-5-21-you-tr

the funniest part of the entire episode is this dialogue:

(Ted and Georgette have dropped by Mary's house, unexpectedly, just as she's gone back into her bathroom to try on the dress)

(Ted is staring at Mary and frantically guzzling water)

MARY: You're making me nervous

TED: I'm making you nervous?! You're making me CRAZY!

• Like 1

The Trial of the Incredible Hulk - Another TV movie continuation of the 70's series starring Bill Bixby as David Banner, a scientist who transforms into a green rage monster (Lou Ferrigno) when angered. This time he has to go to court, but luckily his attorney is secretly fellow superhero Daredevil (Rex Smith), and they team up to fight the big boss of the criminal underworld, the Kingpin (John Rhys Davies). Made in Canada.

The-Trial-of-the-Incredible-Hulk-645x370