Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

UHF - Weird Al Yankovic is put in charge of a TV station and starts producing his own programming, such as "Conan the Librarian" and "Gandhi II". Co-starring Victoria Jackson, Michael Richards, Kevin McCarthy, Fran Drescher, Billy Barty, and Anthony Geary.

UHF01.jpg

• Like 2

SCTV (Second City Television): I just recently heard of this show, and I am a huge fan of Andrea Martin, John Candy, Catherine O'Hara, and Rick Moranis, so it was really great to find this. This show is a lot like Saturday Night Live, which I also enjoy. 

I found a bunch of clips on YouTube, and I've been watching them for the past hour. 

• Like 2

Valmont - The other film version of Les Liaisons dangereuses from the late 80's. This one was directed by Milos Forman, and stars Annette Bening, Colin Firth, and Meg Tilly. Also with Fairuza Balk, Henry Thomas, Sian Phillips, and Jeffrey Jones.

The last movie in my 1989 stack.

d697d0cf94b72e0755cbe61923644981.jpg

• Like 1

In Living Color Season One - Sketch comedy show starring Keenan Ivory Wayans, Damon Wayans, David Alan Grier, Kim Wayans, Tommy Davidson, Kim Coles, Kelly Coffield, T'Keyah Crystal Keymah, and Jim Carrey. 

In_living_color_cast_533x300.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in the middle of an 'Andy Griffith Show' marathon.   I can't believe it, I think I'm actually watching an episode I haven't seen before!

I just recently watched a  tv movie starring good old Andy, GRAMPS.  This was made in the early 90's and Andy plays a "lovable" old codger who was long estranged from his son (John Ritter) and the son's wife and little boy. But we quickly learn that  Gramps Andy isn't so lovable, he's a very dangerous psychotic who stops at nothing to get his way, including murder. Andy is very, very scary in this one (I recall seeing him play similar characters in other films , not to mention A FACE IN THE CROWD). Maybe the  extreme sharp contrast between these psychos and his usual "Sheriff Andy" and " lawyer Matlock "  makes him all the more scary in these roles.

• Like 1

I'm watching THE SLIPPER AND THE ROSE on Amazon Prime. Something about this one I like. It's different than a lot of musicals that were made in the 70s. Bryan Forbes is one of my favorite British directors. And the Sherman Brothers, who can top their music!

Valmont - The other film version of Les Liaisons dangereuses from the late 80's. This one was directed by Milos Forman, and stars Annette Bening, Colin Firth, and Meg Tilly. Also with Fairuza Balk, Henry Thomas, Sian Phillips, and Jeffrey Jones.

The last movie in my 1989 stack.

astrov%20vanya.jpg

Freddie Jones and Anthony Hopkins

>>>>"...and Freddie Jones"

My favorite Vanya.

astrov%20vanya.jpg

Freddie Jones and Anthony Hopkins

>>>>"...and Freddie Jones"

My favorite Vanya.

That was Jeffrey Jones in Valmont, not Freddie.

Jeffrey Jones

jeffreyjones_joseph.jpg

But I like Freddie Jones as well, especially in Dune

Freddie%20Jones%20%20Dune%20(1984).jpg

• Like 1

I was going to try and get some stuff off the DVR, but then I saw that it's essentially an Errol Flynn marathon on TCM tonight...  *sigh* maybe tomorrow.  Lol.

I just finished watching In This Our Life and now I'm watching They Died With Their Boots On.

I can't deny myself an evening of Errol where I don't have to run downstairs to look for the DVDs.  Olivia is a bonus too!

• Like 2

Ok. That makes two of us here now who like Dune.

Mr. Jones was very good in this.

And Freddie is father of Toby Jones who might have won an Oscar for his turn as Truman Capote in Infamous (2006) if Philip Seymour Hoffman hadn't beaten him to the punch with Capote in 2005.

And Freddie is father of Toby Jones who might have won an Oscar for his turn as Truman Capote in Infamous (2006) if Philip Seymour Hoffman hadn't beaten him to the punch with Capote in 2005.

Holy ****, is that true???!? I had no idea. I like Toby Jones a lot. Infamous, The Mist, Finding Neverland, The Painted Veil, Amazing Grace, W. (as Karl Rove), Frost/Nixon, Captain America, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Girl (as Alfred Hitchcock). He was memorable in all of them. 

Thanks for the info, Bogie.

I think Dolph's is the best of the many different Punisher movies.  And Lady Tanaka and Franco,  the best villains.

Not much a fan of Thomas Jane's Punisher.

I liked Dolph in I Come in Peace (1990) - the year after Punisher. 

• Like 1

I think Dolph's is the best of the many different Punisher movies.  And Lady Tanaka and Franco,  the best villains.

Not much a fan of Thomas Jane's Punisher.

It had been a long time since I'd seen The Punisher with Dolph. Kim Miyori as Lady Tanaka was really good.

I didn't like the Thomas Jane version, either, although I'm going to rewatch it soon.

I liked the Ray Stevenson Punisher: War Zone the most, although it was ridiculously over-the-top.

I've heard Jon Bernthal is very good in the role in the Netflix Daredevil series, good enough for his own spin-off series.

I'm watching THE VAGABOND KING on Amazon Prime. This is a good film-- expert use of Technicolor, costumes, music, attractive performers and sets. Those who think MGM only excelled at musicals in the 50s really need to check this Paramount film out. Michael Curtiz directed.