Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

Rising Son - TV drama about the changing labor conditions in the US. Starring Brian Dennehy, Matt Damon, Piper Laurie, Graham Beckel, Ving Rhames, Jane Adams, Richard Jenkins, Kevin Corrigan, and Tate Donovan.

220305-rising-son-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg?k

Quick Change - Crime comedy with Bill Murray, Geena Davis, Randy Quaid, Jason Robards, Philip Bosco, Bob Elliott, Phil Hartman, Tony Shalhoub, and Stanley Tucci.

quick-4-620x330.jpg

Lawrence,

Is this the Bill Murray movie where Philip Bosco is the bus driver?

A Shock to the System - More trouble in the workplace, this time starring Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert, Swoosie Kurtz, Will Patton, Jenny Wright, John McMartin, Barbara Baxley, and Samuel L. Jackson.

t1ccs9bj3stvnpBKBd98fW2tUXM.jpg

• Like 2

A Shock to the System - More trouble in the workplace, this time starring Michael Caine, Elizabeth McGovern, Peter Riegert, Swoosie Kurtz, Will Patton, Jenny Wright, John McMartin, Barbara Baxley, and Samuel L. Jackson.

I haven't seen this one yet. From reading the plot, this sounds like I'd like it. Thanks for posting.

The Pirates! : An Adventure with Scientists (2012)

From the great studio and stop motion animators of the Wallace and Gromit series.

The characters from this studio are worth watching on their own in any animation, regardless of what the story is.

Treasure Island - TV movie adaptation of the Robert Louis Stevenson book. Starring a young Christian Bale, Charlton Heston, Christopher Lee, Richard Johnson, Julian Glover, Pete Postlethwaite, and Oliver Reed.

I read the book back when I was a wee lad, but I have never watched any of the film versions.

220px-Treasureposter.jpg

I found all six of the "Thin Man" movies at the Salvation Army for about $5.00 total for all 6 of them! So, now I'm planning on having a marathon of the series, since it's been too long since I've experienced the glory and wonder of Myrna Loy's and William Powell's chemistry. 

• Like 5

Women & Men: Stories of Seduction - HBO anthology movie, starring James Woods, Melanie Griffith, Molly Ringwald, Peter Weller, Beau Bridges, and Elizabeth McGovern.

The final movie in my 1990 stack. :D

hqdefault.jpg

Someone uploaded SUDDEN FEAR on YouTube. It's been a few years since I've seen it, so I'm checking it out. I had forgotten how great it is, and what a truly excellent job Crawford and Palance do with this story.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-07-22%2Bat%2B7.45.1

• Like 1

OUT CALIFORNIA WAY, a Republic film in Trucolor available on Amazon Prime. This is a great B-western. Monte Hale stars as a singing cowboy who gets his first big movie role; Adrian Booth Brian is the love interest; and 13-year-old Bobby Blake plays her brother. John Dehner is also in the cast as a rival cowboy star. And there are cameos with Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, Don Barry, Allan Lane and Trigger. 

I'm watching WHITE BANNERS, a heartwarming drama from Warner Brothers, c. 1938. Fay Bainter was nominated for an Oscar for her lead performance. Claude Rains costars, and so do Bonita Granville and Jackie Cooper. TCM no longer airs this picture (perhaps because of rights issues).

• Like 1