Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FredCDobbs

What Are You Watching Now?

I'm getting ready for Game of Thrones Episode 5, Season 5. I've got my white walker uniform on and everything. Woo-hoo!!!!

Just finished it:  Wow!!!!!!

I'm getting rid of my white walker

uniform.

Let's see, now where is that dragon outfit?

--

Edited by laffite

Just finished watching all the seasons of Mad Men, except the last six episodes.

Also Third Rock From the Sun. Never knew how very funny John Lithgow was.

Just finished watching all the seasons of Mad Men, except the last six episodes.

MM best show ever on tv- great finale. John Lithgow a favorite of mine.   3rd Rock was a very funny show. Haven't seen The World According To Garp on tv in a long time, watch out for it, such a good performance by Lithgow (actually the whole cast, excellent fim)

Oh, you missed the last 6 episodes of Man Men;  well let me tell you how it ends,,,,

NOT!   I wouldn't do something like that.    But I will say it was a great ride.  

MM best show ever on tv- great finale. John Lithgow a favorite of mine. 3rd Rock was a very funny show. Haven't seen The World According To Garp on tv in a long time, watch out for it, such a good performance by Lithgow (actually the whole cast, excellent fim)

I would like to see The World According To Garp. I really always thought of Lithgow as the guy from Terms of Endearment. Boy he really surprised me on 3rd Rock. Hilarious. I've definitely come to appreciate him more.

Oh, you missed the last 6 episodes of Man Men; well let me tell you how it ends,,,,

NOT! I wouldn't do something like that. But I will say it was a great ride.

Good one james, you got me. I almost wanted to kick some jazzguitar butt for one second there. ☺

Can't wait until I see the final episodes. I just wanted it to go on and on forever.

Texas Cyclone (1932)

Early John Wayne and Walter Brennan - in the same film! Walter Brennan already looks like he's 70 years old in this 1932 film. The Duke looks in perfect trim. Check out that ten-gallon hat on Tim McCoy.

:)

16rpg3.jpg

Right now I'm watching "Mister Roberts."

Right now I'm watching "Nobody Lives Forever" starring John Garfield. I love Garfield and wish TCM would schedule "Body And Soul" which has not been on in a very long time. But I'll take Garfield in anything.

Right now I'm watching "Nobody Lives Forever" starring John Garfield. I love Garfield and wish TCM would schedule "Body And Soul" which has not been on in a very long time. But I'll take Garfield in anything.

Garfield was an interesting and unique actor and I'm a big fan.   Nobody Lives Forever is a fine film set right where I'm living.   I have been to the mission shown in the film many times.    Maybe tonight my wife and I will go to the beach they are at and take a scroll. 

As for Body and Soul;  This is a Garfield film I haven't seen so yea,  it would be great if TCM would show it.  It is a United Artist film so that might be a hang up.     I love the song and play it often.

Jamesjazzguitar,

Thanks for your comments. I have been able to find Body and Soul on Youtube and have watched it on my TV...so if you are still interested, please find this film on Youtube and enjoy. John Garfield co-stars with Lili Palmer and the supporting cast is excellent beginning with Anne Revere, Lloyd Gough, William Conrad, Canada Lee, Hazel Brooks, and Joseph Pevney. The film was directed by Robert Rossen and Garfield and Palmer are superb together. If you're a John Garfield fan, this film is a must-see as is Force of Evil.  I'd love TCM to schedule both of these films in their programming.

I recently just got Netflix and started watching the first season of Mad Men. I watched the last seven episodes before the series ended and am absolutely in love with the show and the era of that time. I love how the series is told and goes through everyone and their relationships and relating to one another. Jon Hamm as Don Draper is so classically handsome just like Cary Grant was back then.

Jamesjazzguitar,

Thanks for your comments. I have been able to find Body and Soul on Youtube and have watched it on my TV...so if you are still interested, please find this film on Youtube and enjoy. John Garfield co-stars with Lili Palmer and the supporting cast is excellent beginning with Anne Revere, Lloyd Gough, William Conrad, Canada Lee, Hazel Brooks, and Joseph Pevney. The film was directed by Robert Rossen and Garfield and Palmer are superb together. If you're a John Garfield fan, this film is a must-see as is Force of Evil.  I'd love TCM to schedule both of these films in their programming.

Thanks for the tip.   Force of Evil is a film TCM has shown and I have seen it 2 times.    Solid film.    My favorite Garfield film is The Breaking Point.    This movie based on the same story as the Bogart \ Bacall \ Hawks film To Have and Have Not,  is true to the book (the Hawks film being made during the war is a WWII influenced film).      Great acting by all in this film with one of the saddest ending ever.    

I'm bringing back Nick at Nite's Block Party Summer from my youth...

So tonight is (I Dream of) Jeannie Fridays!

3376_0c691.jpg

• Like 1

I finished up first two seasons of the Poldark (1975) series, but I have to steam the floor this weekend, so it will be my 50s chick movie extravaganza.   

Speaking of 1950's culture icons-

Have any of you seen the Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio?   I liked it.

I finished up first two seasons of the Poldark (1975) series, but I have to steam the floor this weekend, so it will be my 50s chick movie extravaganza.

Speaking of 1950's culture icons-

Have any of you seen the Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio? I liked it.

I saw The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio twice and I liked it too. Very entertaining. Julianne Moore was wonderful. I admired the way her character stayed so positive throughout all their struggles. What a wonder she truly was. I can see why their daughter Terry wrote about her.

Tonight I'll be watching Ep2 of True Detective on HBO. Anyone else doing this?

I'm watching Virginia City

This cracks me up.  I don't know who thought Bogart would make a good Mexican bandit. 

MV5BMTI0MTQ1NzEyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg4

Miriam Hopkins irritates me in this film.  I didn't find it believable that Flynn would give her a second glance.

hqdefault.jpg

However,

*he* makes the film all worthwhile.

::Swoon::

Z0noiaAyuK.png

As part of my continuing nostalgic look back at Nick-at-Nite's Block Party Summer, tonight it's Mary Wednesdays! I'm watching The Mary Tyler Moore Show!

I just finished watching Eleanor Parker in Caged, and loved it.  Though, I felt bad for Parker and felt that I needed to see her in happier surroundings...

...and what could be happier for Parker than being in Errol Flynn's arms?

So I'm watching "Never Say Goodbye."

Not watching now, but earlier this morning, noticed the MOVIES channel was showing the 1951 CHRISTMAS CAROL with Alistair Sim! 

Sepiatone

The Thin Man (1934)

After the Thin Man (1936)

Another Thin Man (1939)

Thank you TCM !!!

:)

• Like 1