Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

FredCDobbs

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

I'm re-watching this film, since it's been about 15 years or so since I first watched it. My dad's side of the family is Jewish, so it's interesting also to see a story of an old-world Jewish family (so to speak). I love the score to the Broadway show, so I'm prepared to sing along while watching lol. 

• Like 1

Went to the public library to check out some good old movies in an attempt to work through my post-Disney depression. (I'm half-joking). 

What did you get? And what post-Disney depression? Weren't you working at Disney World for awhile, or something?

What did you get? And what post-Disney depression? Wren't you working at Disney World for awhile, or something?

Not to interject and act like I know all about NickandNora's life and she can correct me if I'm wrong...

But I believe those Walt Disney World positions are typically internships for college aged kids (my friend and her sister did the same program. In fact, my friend's sister's internship led to an actual permanent position and she works there). So I would suspect that NickandNora's internship has ended.

• Like 1

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

I'm re-watching this film, since it's been about 15 years or so since I first watched it. My dad's side of the family is Jewish, so it's interesting also to see a story of an old-world Jewish family (so to speak). I love the score to the Broadway show, so I'm prepared to sing along while watching lol. 

Is the watching of Fiddler on the Roof a family "Tradition"?

I've become hooked on an Irish soap opera called Red Rock. There are 80 episodes on Amazon Prime. It's sort of what I call soap noir. The main action takes place around the garda (Irish police precinct) and we see the personal lives of the officers. But there is a good balance between soap suds and police procedural drama. Highly recommended.

Flashback to the suburbs of the past day...Fun With Dick and Jane​ (not the crappy remake) and ​How to Beat the High Co$t of Living...​terrific streams.  If you have a firestick, do yourself a big favor and side-load Terrarium --you can spend days just wading through all the films and tv shows...sort of KODI without the work.

• Like 1

I am watching a film on Amazon Prime-- STUNDE DER ABRECHNUNG.

It's the German title for the Columbia western AMBUSH AT TOMAHAWK GAP starring John Hodiak and John Derek. 

While it's all in English (like it should be) and is not dubbed or subtitled, the opening credits are in German. Kind of funny. Can only guess where this print came from.

Using Google translator, in English this title is literally "HOUR OF BILLING." 

• Like 1