Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

FredCDobbs

The Drowning Pool (1975) - TCM On Demand

w/ Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Anthony Franciosa, Murray Hamilton, Gail Strickland, Melanie Griffith, Richard Jaeckel and Andrew Robinson.

Been awhile since I've had an opportunity to sit back and watch a movie. And been awhile since I've seen this particular one.

The Long, Long Trailer, starring Lucy and Desi. I'm a huge fan of their tv show, I Love Lucy (for anyone having a mental block lol), and decided to give this one a try. I'm super tired though from a 2-show day today so I'm thinking I'll have to wait for tomorrow to finish it.

• Like 1

The Long, Long Trailer, starring Lucy and Desi. I'm a huge fan of their tv show, I Love Lucy (for anyone having a mental block lol), and decided to give this one a try. I'm super tired though from a 2-show day today so I'm thinking I'll have to wait for tomorrow to finish it.

This is my favorite film of all time. I'm not exaggerating, I've probably seen it over a hundred times.

• Like 1

This is my favorite film of all time. I'm not exaggerating, I've probably seen it over a hundred times.

Speedy, when NickandNora34 mentioned that movie I almost posted something like, uh I think I know someone around here who really likes that one ... but I didn't. I was gracious and let you can speak for yourself.

;)

• Like 2

And ...?

;)

Have to admit I wondered the same thing (e.g. did they like Born Yesterday).

The first time I saw the film I didn't like it much but that was before I 'got' what Holiday was all about.

On subsequent viewings I 'got it' and became of fan of hers as well as this film.    (but I'm still on the fence about the casting of Holden).

The Postman Always Rings Twice (remake) starring Jack Nicholson and one of my favorites, Jessica Lange. 

Recently went to the library and will proceed to watch The Razor's Edge, Magnificent Obsession, The Big Circus, It's Always Fair Weather, Nora Prentiss, Grand Hotel, The Jazz Singer, Gold Diggers of 1935, and a George Peppard picture entitled "The Carpetbaggers." 

Finally have some free time to work my way through my fairly extensive movie watchlist. 

• Like 1

The Postman Always Rings Twice (remake) starring Jack Nicholson and one of my favorites, Jessica Lange. 

Recently went to the library and will proceed to watch The Razor's Edge, Magnificent Obsession, The Big Circus, It's Always Fair Weather, Nora Prentiss, Grand Hotel, The Jazz Singer, Gold Diggers of 1935, and a George Peppard picture entitled "The Carpetbaggers." 

Finally have some free time to work my way through my fairly extensive movie watchlist. 

I really liked Nora Prentiss.  Ann Sheridan is excellent in it.  This film has been living on my DVR for months now. 

I like It's Always Fair Weather, but I can't help but feel a bit of sadness when I watch it.  It's a little depressing.  Lol.