Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching Now?

FredCDobbs

I'm on vacation right now in Monterey, CA and am resting in the hotel room.  After a twelve hour drive from Oregon and an afternoon at the aquarium, we decided to call it a day and headed back to our hotel room.  I brought along season 4 of both I Love Lucy and The Mary Tyler Moore Show to watch in the hotel.  I specifically brought season 4 of I Love Lucy because this season contains a majority of the California episodes--which I am watching right now while my husband is passed out.  I decided to start with the beginning of the California series and who knows, maybe I'll make it through the end of the disks before we're done.  I started with Ep. #103, "Ricky's Movie Offer" and now I'm on episode #110, "California, Here We Come." 

• Like 3

The Millionaire--​watched 3..favorite was episode starring Betty White as the Iowa diner waitress who gets the big check...she and her pal, Mabel Anderson head to Europe.  Anderson is great as the cynical wise-cracker...and, of course, Betty meets a handsome prince...awww....and I really enjoy the commercials--women, in party-perfect attire, singing as they do their laundry.

• Like 2

There's a nice print of THE TALL MEN on YouTube. The cattle drive scenes are amazing.

Note that there was a The Tall Men T.V. series that started a few years after this movie,  but the characters were NOT related to those in the film;   the main T.V. characters were Pat Garrett and Billy the Kids when they were still friends (and Billy is the likeable guy on the show, so nice in fact it becomes silly).

Note that there was a The Tall Men T.V. series that started a few years after this movie,  but the characters were NOT related to those in the film;   the main T.V. characters were Pat Garrett and Billy the Kids when they were still friends (and Billy is the likeable guy on the show, so nice in fact it becomes silly).

Yes, I had read there was a weekly series. I think Fox also made a TV show based on HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE. None of these programs became big hits. But the studio did hit the jackpot later when they turned M*A*S*H into a regular series.

Hoping to get some Poirot and Miss Marple episodes in today in between running errands and preparing for my move back to CA. I've been re-reading the books recently, and thought it was time to check out some of the shows from the library, considering Netflix took down Marple as well as half of Poirot, for some reason.

TopBilled, I recently watched this film on YouTube. I don't know quite what I think of it. Other than, it's quite interesting to watch Cotten's and Jones' relationship throughout the years.

I think it's a film that requires multiple viewings. There are many different ways to interpret the story.

TopBilled, I recently watched this film on YouTube. I don't know quite what I think of it. Other than, it's quite interesting to watch Cotten's and Jones' relationship throughout the years.

TB is correct that POJ is a film that takes multiple viewings.   The first time I saw it I didn't know what to think of it and was left kind of in a daze,  trying to decide if I liked it or not.    But after the second viewing I came to find the magic that is in this unique semi-surreal film.

• Like 1

TB is correct that POJ is a film that takes multiple viewings.   The first time I saw it I didn't know what to think of it and was left kind of in a daze,  trying to decide if I liked it or not.    But after the second viewing I came to find the magic that is in this unique semi-surreal film.

Yes. I've come to appreciate it more with each subsequent viewing. Not many films I can say that about.

I'm not too keen on the colour tinting process used at the end, but it gives the story added dimension.

Hoping to get some Poirot and Miss Marple episodes in today in between running errands and preparing for my move back to CA. I've been re-reading the books recently, and thought it was time to check out some of the shows from the library, considering Netflix took down Marple as well as half of Poirot, for some reason.

Netflix is a mess, isn't it?  I don't know why I keep it...but as a fellow Christie fan, I can tell you that all 13 seasons of Poirot, and over 2 dozen Poirot films can be easily accessed on Terrarium TV--it's an application you load onto an Amazon fire stick or any android device, and you can find just about anything that's on a server anywhere.  I'm surprised everyone here doesn't use it, considering what film fans we are.  Easy, free, I've watched everything from silents to current films (yeah, yeah..I know..) on it, and have a long list of tv favorites I watch all the time.