Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Henry Wilcoxon was great in ?Sunset Boulevard?!

FredCDobbs

I think I should add that I?ve seen this film maybe 15 or 20 times, but I never noticed Wilcoxon before, and I never noticed that C.B. DeMille actually mentions his name over the P.A. system on the sound stage.

The scene is so much focused on Norma Desmond, my concentration has always been on her during that sound-stage scene. I only learned that Wilcoxon was in the movie when I read the full credit list on IMDB. So this last time I saw the film, I decided to look for him, and there he was.

I love this about many classic films. No many how many times we can watch them, they often contain some subtle stuff that we don?t notice for years.

has anyone noticed that this movie has been on three times in the last two months? i mean do ben and robert keep tabs of what movies each are deciding to air? and then you have the weekdays where noone is hosting until 8pm. each of these three times was aired in all three different phases of airing. the last being aired under osbourne's timeslot, and just three weeks ago it was aired under mankewich's(forgive me, but i can't spell his name right) time slot. i mean they won't air "stella dallas", "wuthering heights", or "gilda" this much. oh, and the same can be said for "a place in the sun" which also has been on three times the last two months. don't get me wrong, i love both those movies, but some others could get some of those airtimes that haven't been aired.

i thought they did sorry because it seems like the movies were aired to their liking. i mean we see more of the 60s stuff and the more dramatic movies under BM and then a lot of the 30s and 40s stuff and the more romance ones under RO so i assumed that they maybe had some pull on it. i have been a off and on viewer of TCM so i really don't know who was in charge of the selections i just assumed they picked their choices out to air.