Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i think there should be a fan week on tcm. the rule would be movies that tcm can show. also could have a day for people to show there own films. would like to have my movie shown at 8pm, its a ice hockey team movie i made aobut my ice hockey team, it runs 40 minutes and about 30 seconds (or there abouts).

I once attended a film festival that screened several Star Wars fans films. I thought it was going to be hokey, as I'm not a SW cult fan, but they were actually very entertaining, imaginative and professional.

The films shown were the best of the bunch, chosen by a panel of judges and even then filled an entire afternoon.

I think it would be great fun if TCM showed independently made films that had some connection to "classic film" to narrow the criteria. It wouldn't be keeping with the theme if they just showed random films made by anybody. That's what the "viewer video" shows are for.

> {quote:title=Goalieboy82 wrote:}{quote}

> i think there should be a fan week on tcm. the rule would be movies that tcm can show. also could have a day for people to show there own films. would like to have my movie shown at 8pm, its a ice hockey team movie i made aobut my ice hockey team, it runs 40 minutes and about 30 seconds (or there abouts).

Something similar was done for their 15th anniversary celebration. It was quite interesting to see people young and old from all different walks of life introducing one of their favorite classics and talking to Bob Osborne about how they got interested in classic films etc.

I would suggest you look into getting your film shown on public access or a channel like Sundance or IFC. TCM is strictly geared towards showing the classics....be it independent or studio released.