Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dream Guest List for 2011

littletramplover

I'm not a Ouija Board/Superstition/VooDoo kinda guy but...gosh!

For the second time this year, a person on my Wish List has passed away. (R.I.P. Kevin McCarthy)

While it is definitely sad, it is rather creepy too. If this keeps happening over the next few months, I'm taking my list down. "Cross my heart and hope to spit!"

Would still love for the Classic Film Festival to find a way to show *Cabin In The Sky* and *Death Of A Salesman*.

Kyle In Hollywood

• 3 weeks later...

I won't even be going =(...maybe next year..I wish.

I would love:

Clint Eastwood- I don't care why he would be there, I'd just want him to be there.

Margaret O'Brien

Shirley Maclaine

Dustin Hoffman for "The Graduate" it's a personal favorite.

Liz Taylor

Faye Dunaway - "Bonnie and Clyde" another favorite.

Maybe something for John Hughes, rip. Even though his movies aren't that old.

Julie freakin' Andrews, just because Mary Poppins is a legend =).

To go with that, why not Dick Van Dyke? =D

Woody Allen - anything

Lauren Bacall would be my favorite pick.

Edited by: plastics on Oct 6, 2010 11:45 AM

Edited by: plastics on Oct 6, 2010 11:47 AM

Edited by: plastics on Oct 6, 2010 11:48 AM

Edited by: plastics on Oct 6, 2010 11:50 AM

> {quote:title=SueSueApplegate wrote:}{quote}

> How about:

> Sandy Descher discussing her experiences with *The Last Time I Saw Paris,*

> *The French Line, Three Brave Men, Her Twelve Men,* *The Bad and The Beautiful*,

> *The Opposite Sex* and/or *The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit* ?

>

And of course, THEM!

Let's see:

Dick Van Dyke

Julie Andrews

William Wellman, Jr

Kathryn MacMurray

Scott Eyman on Louis B. Mayer and Cecil B. DeMille

Mark Vieria talking about pre-code films and his book *Sin and Soft Focus*

A panel on westerns and John Ford with Walter Hill, Rick Jewell, John Carpenter and Scott Eyman.

This panel is tied with my number #1 pick of a silent film of Doug's on the big screen.

With all the western genre fans who are talking of coming, maybe TCM could capture us on film talking about westerns ala the Film Noir *Film Fanatic*.

I know a couple of posters who should make the cut!

*"With all the western genre fans who are talking of coming, maybe TCM could capture us on film talking about westerns ala the Film Noir Film Fanatic. I know a couple of posters who should make the cut!"* - lzcutter

And you can break out the boots once again!

My new addition to the dream list -

Albert Finney with a screening of *Tom Jones*.

Kyle In Hollywood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is probably the "wrong" night to ask this as the film is playing on TCM as I write this BUT...

Because "Music" is going to be a big part of the 2011 TCM Classic Film Festival, would there be any interest around here in seeing *A Midsummer Night's Dream* on the big screen?

I offer this up for a few reasons. One, the score is wonderfully arranged and perfectly used in the film. Two, the film had its genesis as a stage production at the Hollywood Bowl just a few blocks from the Festival epicenter on Hollywood Blvd. And three, the film won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography that year, which is no real surprise. The "surprise" is that the winner is the only person to have ever won an Oscar as a "write-in" candidate! (Yes, I guess the cinematographer wasn't an official nominee.) I've often thought the film was beautiful on television but am now intrigued to see this winning cinematography on a big screen.

I think all these "bits" make the film an interesting candidate for a screening at the Film Festival. But I thought screening *King Kong* in the Chinese would be a big hit too so I may not be the best judge of what everyone else wants to see.

Anyone else believe *A Midsummer's Night Dream* would be a nice addition to the schedule?

Kyle In Hollywood

*Because "Music" is going to be a big part of the 2011 TCM Classic Film Festival, would there be any interest around here in seeing A Midsummer Night's Dream on the big screen?*

Chief,

I've been a big fan of this film since I saw it on television for the first time over thirty five years ago. I would love to see it on the big screen, especially given its roots at the Hollywood Bowl!

"Posted: Oct 6, 2010 7:49 PM in response to: SueSueApplegate

Thank you SueSue. I think Anne has been in a number of classics: "Blackboard Jungle" "Bad Day at Black Rock" to name two. I think she'd be great!! How 'bout her with Leslie Nielsen???"

Sadly now, this will not be possible.

I would love to see a collection of old TCM promos and intros that have been retired. They could run at Club TCM.

Another idea would be for fans to make their own video valentines to TCM and have them screened at Club TCM.

Just a thought.

I want to throw out the idea of Walter Mirsch being at the TCM Festival. I know he has done a *Private Screenings* with Robert O but I don't mind.

I would gladly sit in the audience to hear this delightful man tell stories about Billy Wilder, the films they made together and the other films he produced.

Please TCM, he's a wonderful story teller and I don't think I am the only one who would show up.

• 3 weeks later...