Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Providing information for the site...

Watasha

I have come across a few actors and actresses on the TCM site that have little or no info or pictures up. I hate to see this as I feel they deserve this courtesy at the very least. Anyway, I've provided a bio and some pics for one actress already but have had no communication since then. This has been 4-5 days now and the info isn't up nor have I had an e-mail or anything else. I was just wondering what the MO is on this sort of thing as this is the first time I've attempted this. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Almost all the staff, including the on-line web guys who oversee the content of the database and write the various articles and such for the website were at the TCM Film Festival.

It might take them a couple of extra days to get unswamped.

If in another week it still hasn't been posted you can contact them via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the main forum page.

*"Nobody knows anything about this?"* - Watasha

Years ago I contacted the Web folks just to let them know that the site was displaying the combined "filmographies" of Jason Robards, Sr. and Robards, Jr. when looking up only Jason Robards, Jr. I think I heard back from them about two weeks later.

I also remember reading somewhere (probably in here) that the Database folks request verifiable citations for info to be added to the TCM database. I don't know if that also applies to photos.

But don't fear. You should hear back from them - even if it is to ask for references on the material you provided.

Kyle In Hollywood

PS - The approach of a new month on the website is probably a very busy time for the Web folks who are prepping and putting up all the new material for the upcoming events. Once all that is in place they will likely have time to reply to your message.

*"Would TCM rather have an original bio or something copied from Wiki or something?"* - Watasha

I think TCM would appreciate anything that was original. Just include "footnotes" or a list of reference materials from which you gathered the information. This would be for material submitted for the Database proper. I think the "User Reviews" area needs no citations/references.

Kyle In Hollywood