Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dates For 2011 TCM Festival?

MGMMayer

• 1 month later...

It was $204 for a double room with 2 queen beds and a tiny bathroom with a shower.

Since the festival was for four nights, they made us pay for the valet for the car ($30.00 a day) and the rooms up front on the credit card. The room was very spacious, and coffee was $3.50 from the minibar.

I'm glad I brought my Folger's instant! :)

I came to be about $235 a night with taxes, etc. We were, however, double-charged at HRH on the credit card, and it took about five days to clear up. It took 2 1/2 days to talk to the business office.

We kept being turned over to Accounting Voice Mail.

Avoid the breakfast potatoes. Like cold mashed potatoes with parsley, both from Room Service

and the restaurant at HRH. Nobody I knew liked them. Eyuuuu!

But all the housekeeping, valet, and service staff were friendly, helpful, and patient. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay except for the icky potatoes and the double charges which were ultimately

dealt with properly. And the snacks at Club TCM were good, especially the beef empanadas. :)

• 3 months later...

SueSue, I generally stay away from hotel food because of the cost. There are plenty of places for visitors to eat in the general vicinity, no matter what the time of day. In walking distance are IHOP, Denny's, McDonald's, Mel's Diner, In 'n' Out (a California treat first time visitors must try for freshly made hamburgers), plus more pizza places than you could ever need. If you want someting more elegant, there are a number of excellent restaurants further down Hollywood Blvd (around Vine) but they do tend to have high tabs. Or if you want to find a supermarket, there's a Ralph's nearby and a Trader Joe's just south of Hollywood and Vine.

And if you're young and looking for dance clubs, Hollywood has plenty in the area.