Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

British Actress Lynn Redgrave has passed away.

This is absolutely terrible. So many tragedies have struck the Redgrave family over the past year or so. The tragic death of Natasha Richardson, about a year ago, then just a couple of weeks ago the death of Corin Redgrave (Vanessa's and Lynn's brother) and now Lynn. My heart really goes to the family. I have seen the Redgraves several times on stage and off (I am a huge admirer of Vanessa especially) and all I can say is that they were all (I have met Vanessa, Lynn, Corin and Natasha) marvellous and utterly human both on and off stage. I remember spending a Christmas in London back in 1990 when Lynn was appearing with her sister Vanessa and Jemma Redgrave on the stage in "The Three sisters". After the show, my friend and I were invited in the Redgrave's dressing room and I clearly remember Lynn and Vanessa, so gracious and kind, asking me all sorts of different questions, very down to earth, absolutely charming, simple and very human. Lynn was a wonderful actress and a marvellous human being.I will always remember her with love and respect.

Thank you for sharing, Nakis.

I regard the Redgraves as consummate professionals in their field.

They absolutely project the qualities you describe. It is a sad day when any person with those qualities leaves this earth, and even more so when they have brought joy for so many years to so many.

Whenever we lose one of the greats, or just someone we've been really fond of, I immediately think I didn't see enough of their work. Well, I didn't see enough of her work. I loved Georgy Girl and now want to see everything she did.

Yes, very true what you say. And there was this dignity which forces us to respect them. Lynn fought her illness with dignity and courage without ever complaining and she was on stage, despite her problems and suffering, almost up to the end. A very great lady.

OH, NO!!

So sorry to hear this. I thought she should have won the Oscar for Gods And Monsters a few years back (Ian McKellan too) AWFUL NEWS!

I loved her as Charlotte in Centennial. This is what our country was about: people from elsewhere came to love and live in it and champion the ideals we natives often take for granted. The speech to her grandson about giving back what you take from the land was priceless and still relevant today. RIP to a courageous lady.