Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Three Greatest Actors in History

Hey everyone, I'm new to these message boards, and I've looking for a place to say something like this, and it looks like I found it.

Well, I've seen ALOT of movies, and I just want to say that I think that the 3 greatest actors in the history of movies are James Cagney, Henry Fonda, and Jack Lemmon. Compared to the stuff we are all seeing now when it comes to movies, no other actor can compare to these three.

What do you guys think?

Since the "3 greatest actors" are Cagney, Fonda, and Lemmon, and my favorite actor is William Powell, I guess we agree that Mister Roberts is the greatest film of all time, right?

Very solid choices and I see you separate ability (which is how I would define 'greatest'), from favorite (which is only based on personal taste).

I would put Roland Coleman as the third major actor in the group you had.

>jamesjazzguitar wrote:

>Does 'greatest' mean favorite to you or do you really believe these are the actors with the most talent? i.e. they are the best at their craft?

All three of 'em...God given Talent...

Well if The Bribe was never made then Steve Martin wouldn't of been able to use so much of it in his film noir comedy. The Bribe is at the heart of Martin's movie and the scene that are to be taken seriously are used to great comedic effect in the Martin movie.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> THE BRIBE, on TCM yesterday, might have been the worst movie Laughton was ever in. Taylor and Gardner couldn't save it, either.

To each their own. I like the film a lot. I like all the grime... :)