Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Posters of the Day

MaxvonMayerling

• 2 weeks later...

> {quote:title=wouldbestar wrote:}{quote}

> Regarding: Dinner at Eight: " I was looking at a poster the other day..."

>

> Love the movie and that last exchange. Doubly blessed today: the movie and this. Thanks!

So pleased you enjoyed... I love this movie too! My two favorite scenes are the Harlow/Beery arguments and when John Barrymore's character turns on the gas after losing all.

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:}{quote}

> thanks for the 'underground' posters. the "Superstition" one is pretty classy, but be aware the bottom one is kinda..uh, 'sensational', shall we say, and Kyle got wacked on the wrist (thus the word 'censored' in his thread title) for just a hint of an upper female body part, in an otherwise very artistic poster. You might consider a replacement on that one. Just a thought.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll think I'll wait and see... it is a drawing, and the poster is from a Swedish website. I believe it has artistic merit, so I'll let the chips fall where they may. Glad you enjoyed!

Edited by: TCMWebAdmin on Jul 9, 2010 8:59 PM

Inappropriate pics

How dare you delete this pic! It's art... if this were in Europe and deleted, this would be laughable! If I showed a pic of a decapitation or shooting it would be ok, right? Ignorant American, puritanical idiocy!

> {quote:title=mr6666 wrote:}{quote}

> Max,

> I hope your little run in with the web/ad folks hasn't deterred you from posting your posters.

> I, for one, enjoyed checking in on both your & Kyle's threads every day. Your efforts _are_ appreciated!

Thank you Mr6666... you've inspired me! Just find it hard to understand how one can propagate an art form only to censor it. Must be the conflictions of American Puritanism. Oh well, I've licked my wounds and I'm back!

Archived