Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favourite Ingrid Bergman films?

Gaslight

Casablanca

For Whom The Bell Tolls

The Inn Of The Sixth Happiness (Has to be my favourite)

Notorious

Catus Flower (She was simply hilarious)

And quite a few more..

How was the film Stromboli? I've been meaning to see it.

Edited by: KatharineHepburnFan on May 10, 2010 9:40 PM

Casablanca

Notorious

Stromboli

I personally loved Stromboli. Fantastic location and stark black and white cinematography. Just a joy to behold visually. Bergman is beautiful and terrific in that movie. It's shot in a neoralism style, only difference being that it stars Ingrid Bergman as the lead, as opposed to a non-professional actor, as was often the case with neorealism.

Well, I found *Stromboli* to be tedious, but don't let me discourage you from watching it.

I'd add *Spellbound*, a favorite of mine, including a Salvador Dali sort-of-dream sequence...

It's interesting that Cary Grant's personal favorite of ALL his films was INDISCREET, co-starring Ingrid. It's not a favorite of mine. I get a kick out of MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, though Ingrid only has a small role.

Yes, that is interesting. I found the movie 'nice' but I wouldn't rate it as one of my favorites. Just not enough juice to keep me interested. Also as the part is written Ingrid has to act 'silly' and while that often works with younger women (i.e. is funny), it just looks silly with women over 40.

*Europa 51 (1952)*

*Voyage to Italy (1953)*

*Arch of Triumph (1948)*

*Gaslight (1944)*

*Autumn Sonata (1978)*

*Saratoga Trunk (1945)*

*Notorious (1946)*

*Spellbound (1945)*

*Goodbye Again (1961)*

*Stromboli (1950)*

*Rage in Heaven (1941)*

I personally love *Stromboli*, but if you're going to check out the Rossellini/Bergman films, I highly recommend you begin with *Europa 51* or *Voyage to Italy*, as I find these two works superior.

I would have to cast my vote for Spellbound. I love Ingrid, I like Hitchcock, whatelse can I say. The title of the movie is most appropriate. I would be willing to be psychoanalyzed by Ingrid anytime.

• 2 weeks later...