Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

looking for the name of a silent film that was on in April

cerwinrhiannon

I missed the beginning (which is why I don't know the name) but Mem was married to a man who killed his wives for their money. She escaped from him, then did other other things, among them joining a circus. In the end he finds her, but is killed by a wind machine or something similar at the circus. Her real name was Remember, but they called her Mem. I think one of the other things she did was acting.

Oh, OK. The film you are looking for is *SOULS FOR SALE (Goldwyn, 1923)* with Eleanor Boardman, Richard Dix, and Lew Cody, among others. This is on DVD-R from Warner Archive so you can order it. One thing I might mention, the surviving print is a heavily re-edited foreign release found in Prague in 1968. There was allot of water damage to the print. This is why Flash-cards in English replaced the foreign title-cards. No domestic version of the movie has ever been found. The American cut was probably quite different.