Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clint Eastwood special

misswonderly3

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been anything posted about the upcoming Clint Eastwood 80th birthday tribute. Aren't there any Clint fans out there? I love this guy.

One reason I think he's so good is, he's not what he appears to be. A very superficial look at his work, especially his earlier films, might have some forming the opinion "Oh, he's all about guns and violence."This is *so* not true. I find all his work -but especially films such as The Outlaw Josey Wales and especially Unforgiven to be very deep examinations of issues such as freedom, independence, defying authority, communiity, and the choice of whether and when it is ever ok to use violence. I know TCM is not actually screening either of those films (and that's fair -they are readily available) but I'm just citing them as examples of the kind of thing Mr. Eastwood can do.

And then there's his love of music, particularly jazz, that comes up so often in his movies.

And his sense of humour.

This is a first-rate director and actor, and certainly deserves the spot he's getting on TCM later this month.

Comments, anyone?

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been anything posted about the upcoming Clint Eastwood 80th birthday tribute. Aren't there any Clint fans out there? I love this guy.

>

And I'm kind of surprised you didn't notice this thread about Clint Eastwood's formidable career and the upcoming tribute to him:

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=151734

Hope you'll get a chance to read some of it!

Thanks, Holly. I think I missed that earlier thread because I didn't start reading and writing on this TCM fan site until mid-April or so, and the Eastwood thread goes back to March. Anyway, I read the posts on that with interest. Maybe the WebAdmin people here should lock this one and bring the earlier thread sort of forward, especially as the event is coming up fairly soon now.