Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY TO CLINT EASTWOOD!

spencerl964

Hope this takes! Happy 80th Birthday to 4 time *OSCAR winner: Clint Eastwood!!! Most know his films, but which would one call as his masterpiece? (TRIVIA: & what are those 4 statuettes for?)

His 30th as director was last yrs "Invictus" But his biggest hit to date is 2008's "Gran Torino"-(ROBBED of a 3rd nod.)

Of which made $l55m. My own candidateas his ultimate is *"Unforgiven" Though 2004's *OSCAR sweeper: *"Million Dollar Baby" is not far behind, at least in my own opinion. He stated he'll never appear on screen after the forementioned> "Gran Torino" However, when asked he still somewhat leaves the door open. 1 TCM rarely airs is '74's"Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?" & for his fans that have yet to see it, check out 1990's underrated>"White Hunter, Black Heart" THANK YOU

80 years old! Wow! I remember when he was a young man. Come to think of it, I remember when I was a young man! I was slow to appreciate his talent. Not a great actor, his persona grew on me. Not my favorite director, but you never know what to expect. As The Man With No Name, he brought an age old cliche to stylish life. As Dirty Harry, he halfway created a new one. Over the years, he expanded on and embellished these characters to the point of transformation. What was once a superficial comic book hero became complex, fascinating and human. GRAN TORINO features fine acting and inspired direction. For one who was not a fan forty years ago, I have to give credit to a talented man.