Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

was this really necessary

lupinofan

in the movie "thousands cheer" which was a good movie and all, but did they really have to have all those cameos in the movie? a good 15-20 minutes or so of that movie was taken away from the main focus. we didnt need to have judy garland, margaret o'brien, or lucille ball taking up all that time as the movie wasnt about them.

but i must say i cracked up at mickey rooney imitating clark gable and making fun of people, but that whole thing really didnt need to be in the movie. it should maybe included a couple acts before the trapeze(that did involve the movie characters).

> {quote:title=lupinofan wrote:}{quote}

> in the movie "thousands cheer" which was a good movie and all, but did they really have to have all those cameos in the movie? a good 15-20 minutes or so of that movie was taken away from the main focus. we didnt need to have judy garland, margaret o'brien, or lucille ball taking up all that time as the movie wasnt about them.

>

> but i must say i cracked up at mickey rooney imitating clark gable and making fun of people, but that whole thing really didnt need to be in the movie. it should maybe included a couple acts before the trapeze(that did involve the movie characters).

>

Yes, Donna Reed was in there as a guest star. It was shown as part of Donna Reed Month, but they wisely didn't run it during prime time, as she was only a guest star with one short scene.

Why all the guest stars and extra stuff? This movie was typical of MGM....too much, too big, but still very entertaining.

*Why all the guest stars and extra stuff? This movie was typical of MGM....too much, too big, but still very entertaining.*

if anything, this was typical of the studios, MGM and WB especially, during WWII, to feature their rosters of contract players (including top stars) to bolster the entertainment value, as well as drawing power, on what were conceived and advertised as all-star revues.