Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic TV Themes

cujas

I was very young at the time but I barely remembered "Cheyenne" when it was on TV. The theme I really remebered from the same time period that was also a western was "Rawhide".

I have several TV themes and back during the 1970's a bought a few records that was from K-tel, one of them was "20 Great TV Themes" (photo below). It has selections, like "Hawaii Five-O" and "Kojak". I have some TV series Viewmaster reels, one of them is formentioned "Hawaii Five-O"

Like to add a have acquired a couple of the rare "Hawaniian Eye" episodes, it also has a nice theme song by Jerry Livingston and Mack David.

11jwtae.jpg

Cheyenne is currently running on Encore Westerns channel. The first Cheyenne season was called "Warner Brothers Presents" and the episodes were only 41 minutes long. The rest of the hour was promotional material for other Warner Brothers TV shows and, of course, commercials.

Look around, some of the other shows may still be running on some obscure cable or local broadcast sub-channel.

In memory of Dorthy Provine. The Roaring 20s TV Theme; How'ja do. I'm taking you to the Roaring 20's. For a true bird's eye view of the Roaring 20's. Come along to the melody of the Charleston and jazz. Yes siree I'll have you dancin with flappers. Finger snappers. Along Broadway see the racketeers with their gun molls. Fun balls. Prohibition and bath tub gin and Benny sent you and walk right into a speakeasy. Come along to the song of the Roaring 20s that never boring soaring Roaring 20's!

CHEYENNE made a bigger impact than its contemporaries, SUGARFOOT and BRONCO. Rightly so. It was a good western for young audiences, with a strong central character. The others may have been good too. But the fact that I don't remember them tells you something.

> {quote:title=redriver wrote:}{quote}

> Does anybody remember PERRY MASON, PETER GUNN and THE UNTOUCHABLES?

Peter Gunn probably has the best TV instrumental theme ever. I also like the theme from Perry Mason.

For a sing along, though, it's The Jeffersons.

> {quote:title=cujas wrote:}{quote}

> My three favorite instrumental themes are:

>

> PERRY MASON

>

> PETER GUNN

>

> & THE UNTOUCHABLES

>

> Do you know these?

Yes and I love them! I have funny (ish) memories of the Hawaii Five-O theme. When I was in college in the 80's, it was popular to play that song and everyone would drop to their knees and pretend to paddle furiously for the duration of the song. (Of course you probabaly had to be drunk to appreciate this...)