Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Very Funny BBC Series.

Snerley

The original Doctor In The House movie was made in 1954 and six sequels followed: Doctor At Sea, Doctor At Large, Doctor In Love, Doctor In Distress, Doctor In Clover and Doctor In Trouble. TV series writer Graham Chapman appeared in the last of these, released in 1970.

> {quote:title=clearskies wrote:}{quote}

> TCM had recently shown Doctor in the House but I never knew there were sequels. I loved the original as I'm a Dirk Bogarde fan & thought it was quite funny. I also like British humor. Has TCM shown any of the sequels?

TCM has shown Doctor At Large and Doctor In Distress. Maybe others. I'm not sure. I'm a Dirk Bogarde fan, too. The first movie I saw him in was The Servant. Whew! Quite a bit different from the Doctor series.

I wish they would show Doctor At Sea. That has Brigitte Bardot in it! :-)

If you really want to see Dirk Bogarde in something different, watch *Victim*.

(Not that it had Dirk, but I wish TCM could show *Gideon's Day* again, another one of those British movies that reminds me of *Doctor in the House*.)

You guys seen Eastenders? What a show it is a soap opera and it is crisp and sharp in its storytelling. It was on PBS when I was a teenager. There's also another show where the guy who played Mr. Bean plays a police officer and its about his precinct can't recall its name but it was good also. I remember them showing those Dr. movies so many in a role a couple of months ago.

A British TV series I like is called "Keeping Up Appearances". It was shown a few years ago on my local PBS station and was quite funny. The plot was an actress Patricia Routledge as an eccentric, social-climbing snob Hyacinth Bucket (she pronounced it *Bouquet* ). I've seen every episode. The casting was perfect!

Mrs and Mr Bucket Bouquet Lol!

005bouquet_468x341.jpg

Not only were there a series of "Doctor" films, but there was also a television series in the 70s, called "Doctor in the House". One of the earliest British sit-coms that I recall, here in the US. We got the show fairly close to its original showing in the UK.

Hi, so pleased to discover this thread on Dirk Bogarde he has always been a favorite of mine as well.He has such wide range as an actor the "Doctor" series were seriously funny Dirk the up and coming young doctor and the marvellous James Roberson Justice as `Lancelot`the dean of British surgery. Dirk was perfect as General Boy Browning of British airborne in ? BRIDIGE TO FAR`. There is an obscure film called `MODESTY BLAISE` made in the 60`s where in Dirk plays an effeminate arch-criminal the movie is high camp and not all that good, but Dirks performance is over the top. In the closing scenes Dirk is captured and staked out in the sun by Modesty and her forces... the camera pans in on Dirk he is crying, through parched lips ...champagne... champagne, the movies bad but dirk is fun.