Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Schedule for July 4th

They're showing Fourth of July movies during the day. *Bye Bye Birdie* is then being shown for Essentials, Jr. , followed by *Oklahoma* to make it a night of musicals. Actually four musicals in a row if you count the earlier *1776* and *Yankee Doodle Dandy* . All fine movies.

Edited by: patful on May 29, 2010 11:42 PM

Are there scenes in *Bye Bye Birdie* and *Oklahoma* with 4th of July celebrations? I know there's one in *Yankee Doodle Dandy*, but it's been quite some time since I've seen either of the others.

This is disappointing. I was hoping TCM would air the rarely-seen "An Undersea Fourth with Jacques Cousteau." From what little I recall, Jacques is minding his own business in Boston Harbor when a bunch of Indians dump tea on the Calypso. Ben Franklin has a cameo.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> How about BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY?........Seriously, AH WILDERNESS had a 4th of July celebration. Didn't PICNIC? I'm sure there are many other films.

>

> Edited by: finance on May 30, 2010 3:05 PM

*Picnic* is Labor Day. *The Music Man* might have been a better choice, if it's meant to fit the holiday.

*...because there you can (or at least could) buy REAL fireworks...* - VX

Not a good thing when the spring-rain-fed grasses grow dry and brittle, and people set them off just outside the city limits, burning farmers' fields and threatening outlying neighborhoods...like mine. I'm always praying for rain in the week leading up to the Fourth. I wish Texas would ban them. Nobody wants to be responsible anymore. When I was a kid, my dad would make us pick up each and every one we launched. Really.