Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Green Berets

exapno

Lets overlook some this movies obvious flaws (Georgia is a poor substitute for Vietnam, the infamous sunset, etc..), to ponder how many viewers of this of a certain age not recognize some of the so-called 'main' stars of this film, outside of the Duke, but recognize some of the supporting actors more from TV such as George Takei? I know I have a little difficulty seeing Colonel Cai, and NOT be thinking where the bad coffee is...

Edited by: exapno on May 30, 2010 6:51 PM

I was watching yesterday and wondering if there was a GREEN BERETS curse? John Wayne, Jack Soo, David Janssen and Jim Hutton all died within a few years of each other, with Hutton and Janssen passing away in their 40s. Getting back to Jack Soo, who can forget the "Barney Miller" memorial episode when the cast members all described their working relationship with him; the episode ended with the entire cast toasting him with (presumably bad) coffee.

Edited by: phroso on May 31, 2010 10:05 AM

Sorry, but the "curse" of THE CONQUEROR, with its cast and crew exposed to radioactive soil from atomic bomb tests, has first dibs on Wayne's demise.

What would be far more plausible is a suggestion that everybody associated with a leaden piece of jingoistic claptrap like THE GREEN BERETS died of acute embarrassment for having been in it, around it or even seen it.