Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just saw the new "Robin Hood"...

Just took my daughter to see the new "Robin Hood". Very good... alot of action, great scenery and made us care about the characters. Crowe and Blanchette had some nice chemistry between them, especially when they danced to "Women of Ireland" ( music I enjoyed in "Barry Lyndon"). The way it ended, I wondered if they'll make a sequel? I hope they do!

Was there any humor in it? The preveiws made it look like, as Big Bopper says, "Gladiator with bows." Too serious by far. Errol Flynn was so full of humor and good natured fun--I think that makes the 1938 version so good.

Thanks for these options, as when I saw the previews, wasn't too excited about watching this new version. LOVED the Errol Flynn film. He added just the right touch of humor. Does anyone remember when Richard Greene did Robin Hood? He was delightful also.

Is the color as bad as it looks on the commercials?

It seems to me that commercials for most of the blockbuster action/epic pics always make them look like the art director worked from a palette consisting of not much more than blue, brown, and black, as opposed to the vibrant days of three-strip Technicolor.

> {quote:title=Jenetico wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for these options, as when I saw the previews, wasn't too excited about watching this new version. LOVED the Errol Flynn film. He added just the right touch of humor. Does anyone remember when Richard Greene did Robin Hood? He was delightful also.

My local Retro TV channel shows The Adventures of Robin Hood every night at 11:30. I watch it quite a bit and Greene is indeed a good Robin Hood. Very tongue in cheek.

> {quote:title=RainingViolets101 wrote:}{quote}

> I saw it too - and I much prefer the Errol Flynn version...

I prefer the Errol Flynn version too. But I do enjoy the Robin Hood story, this film coming with a different angle. Much more gritty and grim than the colorful lighthearted 1938 Robin. But more important, it was a fun afternoon at the movies with my daughter (she's 16 and enjoyed it).