Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JEOPARDY TCM (MOVIES FOR $200)

I don't remember the detailed explanation.However, both of them had to be put in one more MGM picture to complete their contracts. The studio wanted to sever ties with both of them. This picture was conveniently on the horizon, so they put both of them in it regardless of whether they fit the roles.

Thanks. Next:

{font:Calibri}In 1964, this actor made two movies, his first two credited appearances in film. In the first he was hit with a blunt object and beat to death. In the second a cleaver was used. Name the actor and the two films in which his character met a grisly end.{font}

Thanks. That's some intro to a film career !

There has only been 1 actor that has portrayed this private detective more than once on the screen. (7different actors) can you name the actor , the detective and the films???

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Oct 22, 2011 11:12 PM

That would be Robert Mitchum in the role of Philip Marlowe in "Farewell My Lovely" and "The Big Sleep". They were both remakes. Other actors who played Marlowe were Dick Powell in "Murder, My Sweet", which was the first version of "Farewell My Lovely", and Humphrey Bogart in the first version of "The Big Sleep". Marlowe was also played by Robert Montgomery in "Lady In The Lake", George Montgomery in "The Brasher Doubloon", James Garner in "Marlowe", and Elliott Gould in "The Long Goodbye".

Thanks. Continuing with the private detective theme: There was a fictional private detective who appeared in several films and was portrayed by various actors. In one instance, the author who created this character actually portrayed him in this movie.

Must be Mickey Spillane's gumshoe, Mike Hammer. Spillane played the character in "The Girl Hunters" in 1963. Before that, the role was played by Robert Bray in "My Gun Is Quick"(1957), Ralph Meeker in "Kiss Me Deadly"(1955), and Biff Elliott in "I, The Jury"(1953)..... On TV, Darren McGavin and also Stacy Keach have played the part.... A remake of "I, The Jury" came out in 1982 with Armand Assante as Mike Hammer.

This popular fictional character was played in a series of films by an European-born actor better known for another genre. A remake in the 1960s featured a Brooklyn-born american of Sicilian descent. The title character was satirized in a Porky Pig cartoon and was also mentioned in a hit song by the Inkspots....Name the character and the two actors...Extra points for the hit song.

The character is Mr. Moto, played in the thirties by Peter Lorre and in "The Return Of Mr. Moto" by Henry Silva. The Ink Spots' song is "Java Jive" with the line "I love java, sweet and hot. Whoops, Mr. Moto, I'm a coffee pot!". How many exrtra points do I get? I could sure use them.

Thanks. I'll need a lot more points if I'm ever going to catch our friend finance. Now, the character of Lorelei Lee in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" was supposedly based on this much-married actress/socialite/diamond collector, who appeared in a few silent films, and later in a talkie with W.C. Fields.

Yes, Peggy Hopkins Joyce had been a Zeigfeld chorus girl. She was in a few silent movies, but never any acting of any real note. She apparently was the Zsa Zsa Gabor of her day, marrying several rich men along the way. OK, metz. It's your turn next.

This writer was famous for her movie screenplays, newspaper reporting and later TV teleplays. One of her movies was scandlously autobiographical.

Hint: she started in silents and continued during the Golden Era.

Edited by: cujas on Oct 31, 2011 3:31 PM