Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JEOPARDY TCM (MOVIES FOR $200)

Charlotte Greenwood populated the Fox Musicals--but she did take her high kicking vaudeville turn away from Fox to another big studio for one musical and did some athletic bits.

Movie and Studio, please--

Yes, Miles--sometimes I think you've got me bugged!

In this movie, Esther meets her "You look Marvelous!" husband Fernando Lamas.

And of course, Esther's entire family, including Mom Greenwood are athletic/health fanatics.

Miles--FYI a flap is a brush toe-step and a ball-change is a back-front.

Miles is in the spotlight--

Edited by: cujas on Dec 14, 2011 3:00 PM

I think I do a flap ball change when I trip and stumble. Now, for this next one I think you have to have seen the movie to know the answer. In the movie "Ed Wood", schlock movie director Ed, played by Johnny Depp, gets frustrated one day while directing "Plan 9 From Outer Space". While dressed as a woman, he leaves the movie set and hops in a taxi, telling the driver to "Take me to the nearest bar, and make it snappy." Where does the cabbie take him and who does he meet there? It is a well known establishment.

I don't think it's Chasen or the Brown Derby, so I'll guess Musso and Frank Grill. Anyway, of course, he met "Orson Welles" there and they discussed how hard it was to get a movie project off the ground.

(If you go the the website of Musso and Frank Grill there's a picture of Johnny Depp with one of the waiters.)

Yes, cujas, it's Musso And Frank's, one of the spots that Ben Mankiewicz and his buddy stopped at to chat with Manny the waiter. I didn't see Manny in the movie, but Orson Welles, played by Vincent D'Onofrio, was sitting in what I believe was Steve McQueen's favorite booth. Good work, cu. It's your thread now.

First off--I love D'Onofrio; I loved Johnny Depp in the Wood movie--but I only know the answer because I saw the Mankiewicz piece on TV--does this mean I have to do another question.

Sometimes, I think I'm getting too old for this! (I starting to sound like Metz.) I'll be back with something or other.