Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JEOPARDY TCM (MOVIES FOR $200)

I'm not quite sure why. It may have been mutual jealousy, regarding who was better-looking. It may have had to do with Natalie Wood. Redford was a protective friend of hers, while Beatty had had an affair with her behind Robert Wagner's back........Their mutual dislike was mentioned in the Beatty book, but the author didn't say why.

Thanks. It's an interesting bit of trivia. During Jane Fonda's interview with RO she talked about how Redford was a favorite of hers. One reason was that you never hear any "dirt" about him. She basically said he's a class act and so well liked by all. You could be right, it may have been bad behavior on Beatty's part, and the effect it had on NW and RJ's marriage. I think it was citied as causing their divorce. I have a feeling their story will be made into a movie one of these days. Just a guess on my part.

Thread is still Open.

This well-known actor needed a screen name because his given name was too long and unwieldy. For his first name, the studio gave him a one-syllable name with the same first letter as his given name. For his last name, the actor suggested a name which was reminded him of a place where he enjoyed himself as a youth. The studio approved.....Actor?

Who is Ray Milland? I tried to answer in the form of a question. Not much information to go on, so this is just a guess, but I know that his real name was Reginald Truscott-Jones. The name "Milland" may have come from mill-lands, an area near where he lived.

Thanks, I got lucky on that one. Now, this actor, who had a long career in movies, was known as a comedic actor, but he also did some dramatic work. Early in his career, he was in a film where he wielded a bullwhip in a big fight scene with Burt Lancaster. ( Burt won the fight, by the way.)

Thanks.

There was a Disney film where a quote is used that is credited to Lincoln according to the film. Disney and his brother Roy were excited to promote the film so they had pins (acording to Ben M) made up and sold with the quote written on it. Other sites say it was a locket. When the writer/director of the script found out, he did everything he could to stop this. The reason, he had made up the quote! What film ?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 10, 2012 8:53 AM