Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JEOPARDY TCM (MOVIES FOR $200)

That was just something that I happened to know, but I did look it up anyway. Cecil B DeMille had directed the original, but did not feel up to directing the remake, so he gave his son-in-law, Anthony Quinn, a chance to direct. I believe it was Quinn's only directorial effort.

Now, these two actors, one American and one German, worked together in a silent film and later played the same roles in a sound version with this same title.

Please remember to phrase your answer in the form of a question.

I hate to give this one away, but since nobody has guessed, here's another hint. The American actor had a son who also acted. The son is a particular favorite of our poster, Cujas. The German actor had a small part in "The Wizard Of Oz". As I said previously, all of his parts were small.

You're getting warm, Edythe, but it's not Little Billy. The key is that the American actor spent much of the time in the two movies in disguise. In fact, he spent time in lots of movies either in disguise or with an altered appearance. While the American actor had a son who was also an actor, the German actor had a sister who appeared with him in a well known thirties movie.

A lot of "lasts" were connected with this film, including its star, one of the studio's last big budgeted films, and its choreographer. Thirty years earlier, the stage production closed after 233 performances. The theater was replaced with a parking lot. In the form of a question what film??