Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sports movies last night

*"I'm a big sports fan, but did we really need an entire night of sports movies?"* - finance

Just in case you didn't know, it was Guest Programmer Night with the evening's films selected by Rich Eisen of the NFL Network. Though I wish he would have been a bit more adventurous with his selections. (Caddyshack? Meh. The Bobby Jones golf lesson shorts? Wow.)

If anyone was watching *Hooiers*, was there anything "awkward" said in the intro to the film about Dennis Hopper who passed away this weekend? I hope not.

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> ...and, what, no bowling films?.

Has anyone besides me ever seen Dreamer with Tim Matheson and Jack Warden? I think that's the only bowling film ever made, with good reason.

> You mean the critics weren't "bowled over"?

They did not "spare" their remarks. Actually, it was just a pleasant little film, as I recall, which I saw on cable, and then it disappeared into the netherworld.

> I'm a big sports fan, but did we really need an entire night of sports movies? I go to ESPN for my sports fix, not TCM.

Should there also not be an entire night of political movies because there is CNN? Or movies about cooks because there is a cooking channel? Seems since Cousteau, that we are now getting tighter on even which themes fans will allow TCM to show. Personally, I think that they shouldn't show any more movies about New York because who people who live there can just step outside and see it any day of the week. ; )

There's *Kingpin*, which if memory serves is the Woody Harrelson movie other posters have referenced.

The fun late-50s movie [*Man in the Vault*|http://justacineast.blogspot.com/2008/07/those-1950s-crime-movies.html] in which William Campbell plays Tommy Dancer (gotta love the name!), a locksmith who tries to double cross some mobsters, has its finale in a darkened bowling alley.

It's also got a young Anita Ekberg, but poor William Campbell looks like Tony Curtis on a really bad hair day:

maninthevault.jpg