Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bomba the Jungle Boy

Geostan

I see that TCM has scheduled a couple of the Bomba movies with Johnny Sheffield for August 5. That's good news. I've emailed John to let him know. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that. The films are The Lion Hunters and African Treasure. Get up early. They start at 6 am.

Edited by: Geostan on Jun 2, 2010 1:06 PM

> {quote:title=Geostan wrote:}{quote}

> I see that TCM has scheduled a couple of the Bomba movies with Johnny Sheffield for August 5. That's good news. I've emailed John to let him know. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that. The films are The Lion Hunters and African Treasure. Get up early. They start at 6 am.

>

It'll be nice to see them again. The only time I ever saw that series was in the early 1980's when Boston channel 25 showed them.

And be sure to stay tuned all day for more of Woody Strode.

• 1 year later...

I like these Bomba movies, but they seem a little mixed up to me.

Mainly young boys went to see these movies in the old days. I remember

that most kids going to the old Saturday matinee cowboy and jungle films were boys.

So, what we really needed was NOT a chubby naked boy as the

lead character. We needed a beautiful bikini-clad young dame

as the lead character.

Like Sheena, Queen of the Jungle:

Tanya-Roberts.sheena-reine-de-la-jungle-

315392-sheena_dvd_large.jpg

Irish McCalla as Sheena: Wow, what a jungle dame!

153533.jpg

600full-irish-mccalla.jpg

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}I like these Bomba movies, but they seem a little mixed up to me.

>

> So, what we really needed was NOT a chubby naked boy as the

> lead character. We needed a beautiful bikini-clad young dame

> as the lead character.

>

Excuse me...Johnny Sheffield was NOT "chubby". He looked really good in these movies (and still does, to me). You're suggesting young boys going to see the Bomba filma might have had some kind of confusion watching a young beefy guy in a loincloth instead of a young slender girl in a loincloth? Ever hear of "role model"? That's how I'd look upon the Bomba character.

Do YOU look as good as how Sheffield looks in these movies? :^0

LOL... :D

Sharpe.jpg

Bomba.jpg

>Do YOU look as good as how Sheffield looks in these movies?

No, never. :)

My "confusion" remark was directed at the producers, who, presumably, wanted as big an audience as possible.

Our average-little-boy "role models" were mainly like the cowboys, such as Roy Rogers, Gene Autry. You see, we knew we could be like them if we bought a cowboy hat, a sixgun, and a horse, but I could never be like beefy Bomba and I had no interest in being like him.

I liked the Tarzan movies, but not because of beefy Tarzan. I went to see the Tarzan moves to see Jane in skimpy outfits.

johnny-weismuller.png

• 3 weeks later...