Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you could ask Katharine Hepburn a question....

James--if my memory serves me correct, there was a problem on the set between Huston and Clift. Clift was weirded out as usual, and Huston was not very sympathetic.

Hepburn sided with Clift; so that caused friction. With rumours running wild, the cast did a fake fight still for "Life" magazine to make a joke of it. But it was no joke.

• 2 months later...

Don't want to start anything on here, but I was doing a search on something entirely different and found something really odd that made me stop and go "WHAAAAAT?!?!" (This sort of thing happens to me a lot--I start a search on the Hippie movement to help my daughter with her term paper and the next thing I know, I'm reading about The Industrial Church of the New World Comforter or something)

I clicked on a site that contained lots of Hollywood gossip, both Old and New. Most was stuff you hear all the time, like so and so is/was gay/bisexual or was really a man or liked to wear women's clothes. I was reading and sort of laughing when I came across this under a listing of Howard Hughes' lovers: "Katharine Hepburn (with whom he had a son)" (yep, that's right--this guy was a grammatically correct gossip).

So I ran a search specifically for that and found a couple more references to it. Anyone else ever hear this? It's certainly never mentioned in any of the Hepburn bios Ive read, even the sort of nasty one by Barbara Leaming.

>I was reading and sort of laughing when I came across this under a listing of Howard Hughes' lovers: "Katharine Hepburn (with whom he had a son)" (yep, that's right--this guy was a grammatically correct gossip).

Hello, Tracey

Thumbing through my copy of _Howard Hughes: The Untold Story_ by Peter Harry Brown and Pat H. Broeske, I find no mention of any children fathered by Howard Hughes.

He did propose to Kate, and she accepted. He even met her family and spent a few days with them at their summer home, where Kate's ex was ever-present as "part of the family." Mrs. Hepburn didn't care for Howard, and Dr. Hepburn was cool to him, though they eventually formed something of a friendship.

Kate changed her mind of course and they never married. No kids, but he did get her to quit smoking.

> {quote:title=LuckyDan wrote:}{quote}

> >I was reading and sort of laughing when I came across this under a listing of Howard Hughes' lovers: "Katharine Hepburn (with whom he had a son)" (yep, that's right--this guy was a grammatically correct gossip).

>

> Hello, Tracey

>

> Thumbing through my copy of _Howard Hughes: The Untold Story_ by Peter Harry Brown and Pat H. Broeske, I find no mention of any children fathered by Howard Hughes.

>

> He did propose to Kate, and she accepted. He even met her family and spent a few days with them at their summer home, where Kate's ex was ever-present as "part of the family." Mrs. Hepburn didn't care for Howard, and Dr. Hepburn was cool to him, though they eventually formed something of a friendship.

>

> Kate changed her mind of course and they never married. No kids, but he did get her to quit smoking.

I found two mentioned, both illegitimate. One is named Andrew J Cipolla; the other Ernest Kinzler? However, upon doing more research, they seem to be hoaxes. Possibly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived