Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just sign up today on tcm.com.......

I just wanted to say hello to everyone on here, that is a lover of old classic movies. I've been on tcm.com; but never signed up, until today. I'm excited to join you guys in exciting and deep conversations about what we like most, old classics.

I love classic movies, and what they represent. A time were movies were movies, and the actors/actress came alive on screen. It wasn't just about money with them; but the role, the character they would play, the plot itself. These actors/actress took pride in what they did.

I'm glad my mom introduce me to musicals/old movies at a young age.

Don't get me wrong, I do like movies overall; but it's nothing like "Notorious" with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman, my favorite black and white of all time, and so many more.

I would like to here from you guys

Hit me up, drop me a line, tell me why you like old classic movies? And what is your old classic movie?

God Bless :)

oldclassicmovies4eve

Welcome to the TCM message boards, oldclassicmovies! You will find all kinds of discussions going on about all kinds of film related topics. I hope you enjoy your experience here.

*Notorious* is also one of my favorite movies. I just read a biography of Claude Rains written by his daughter, Jessica Rains. Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman are also some of my favorite stars.

Also, if you enjoy movie trivia, take a look at the Games and Trivia threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there oldclassicmovies! I'd say I like the classics because they tend to be so very well-done - which of course is the main factor as to why they become classics. My favorite classic film is *Rashomon* by Akira Kurosawa - at least, it is for this month.

Welcome aboard!! Enjoy yourself!

Hi classic and welcome!

I like old movies because I like good dialog. That's why my favorites are comedies and just about anything written and/or directed by Billy Wilder and just about anything from Hitchcock.

Movies I watch over and over:

Some Like It Hot

Witness for the Prosecution

A Foreign Affair

My Man Godfrey

The Thin Man movies

The Lion in Winter

Adam's Rib

Duck Soup

The Letter

North by Northwest

Destry Rides Again

Welcome oldclassicmovies! I'm also a newbie to the board.

I could never narrow down my favorite classic movie. I have a list of "favorites" that is already too long and keeping growing.

Notorious is on my list and is my favorite Hitchcock.

Sarah

Hello. I am new to the forums as well and glad to be here. I enjoy all kinds of films as long as they are well made; mainstream, foreign, old/new, silent, whatever, it's all good if they are well made.

Tracey, in response to your post (see quote below), since you are a lover of good dialog and a fan of Billy Wilder I was surprised to see One, Two, Three missing from your list. If you haven't seen it, it's a must. It is on DVD. Other than that, your list is excellent.

cheers,

Otto.

> {quote:title=traceyk65 wrote:}{quote}

> Hi classic and welcome!

> I like old movies because I like good dialog. That's why my favorites are comedies and just about anything written and/or directed by Billy Wilder and just about anything from Hitchcock.

> Movies I watch over and over:

> Some Like It Hot

> Witness for the Prosecution

> A Foreign Affair

> My Man Godfrey

> The Thin Man movies

> The Lion in Winter

> Adam's Rib

> Duck Soup

> The Letter

> North by Northwest

> Destry Rides Again