Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Since the September schedule is now up, October will be next. What are you hoping for?

1. Bela Lugosi as SOTM

2. Some classic Universal horrors

3. SEVEN FOOTPRINTS TO SATAN (1929)

4. THE MAD GENIUS (1931)

5. Republic horrors (THE VAMPIRE'S GHOST; VALLEY OF THE ZOMBIES)

6. RETURN OF THE TERROR (1934)

7. NIGHT OF TERROR (1933)

8. THE HIDDEN HAND (1942)

9. TRICK FOR TRICK (1933...a Fox pre-Code)

10. GAME OF DEATH (1945)

11. THE MONKEY'S PAW (1933...or whatever remains of it)

12. BACK FROM THE DEAD (1957)

13. THE BAT (1926)

14. a Barbara Steele Day

15. a Tod Browning Day

16. THE CRIME OF DR. CRESPI (1935)

17. DARK EYES OF LONDON (1939)

18. DAUGHTER OF DR. JEKYLL (1957)

19. THE FOUR SKULLS OF JONATHAN DRAKE (1959)

20. THE HANDS OF ORLAC (1924)

21. HOW TO MAKE A MONSTER (1958)

22. THE MAD MAGICIAN (1954)

23. THE MASK (1961)

24. SECRET OF THE BLUE ROOM/THE MISSING GUEST/MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM

25. THE NIGHT HAS EYES (1942)

26. THE THIRTEENTH GUEST/MYSTERY OF THE 13th GUEST

27. THE UNDEAD (1957)

28. a Hammer Films Day

29. CONDEMNED TO LIVE (1935)

30. A COMEDY OF TERRORS (1964)

31. THE PHANTOM CREEPS (1939 Lugosi serial)

Prince,

I'm going to try and get Chuck to Sub THE PAGAN and/or TIDE OF THE EMPIRE on Silent Sundays, since neither has been shown in years and years. as these have both been released by Warner Archive there should be no reason that TCM can't show them.

In October? Same as every other month. I hope to see something with Colleen Moore. THE DEVILS CLAIM, BROKEN CHAINS, IRENE, HER WILD OAT, TWINKLE TOES, ORCHIDS AND ERMINE, LILAC TIME, I don't care what it is other than THE BUSHER aqain, Just want to see TCM finally run a full fledged Starring Colleen Moore vehicle.

Other Wishful thinking premier's would include these:

FORBIDDEN HOURS (1928) Ramon Novarro, Renee Adoree.

THE COSSACKS (1928) John Gilbert, Renee Adoree, Nils Asther.

TWELVE MILES OUT (1927) john Gilbert, Joan Crawford

ANNIE LAURIE (1927) Lillian Gish, Norman Kerry.

THE FIRE BRIGADE (1927) Charles Ray, May McAvoy. I've been longing to see this ever since I saw the clips featured in Thames HOLLYWOOD for the first time back in the very early 80's.

THE CARDBOARD LOVER (1928) Marion Davies, Jetta Goudal, Nils Asther. Or anyone of these other Marion Davies Silents LITTLE OLD NEW YORK (1923), THE LIGHTS OF OLD BROADWAY (1925), BEVERLY OF GRAUSTARK (1926), TILLIE THE TOILER (1927), THE FAIR CO-ED (1927)

INCENDIARY BLONDE-Betty Hutton (1945)

> {quote:title=patful wrote:}{quote}

> *The Wild Women of Chastity Gulch* .

What??? Ha, Ha! OK, how about *"WHO IS KILLING THE GREAT CHEFS OF EUROPE (1977)* *Jacqueline Bissett,* And who else doesn't really matter.

Also *THE PLEASURE SEEKERS (1964)* *Anne Margaret,* and who else certainly more than matters. Try *Carol Lynnly* and *Pamla Tiffin!* Gulp!

And oh Yes, *MINI-KILLERS* with *Diana Rigg.*

There are many films I would like to see;especially from Paramount. I will mention only 6 right now;only of which 3 are from Paramount. The Paramounts are the silents UNDERWORLD, BEGGARS OF LIFE and the talkie A MEDAL FOR BENNY. The others are STATE SECRET [1950]with Douglas Fairbanks,Jr.; TRADE WINDS with Fredric March and Joan Bennett; WHEN I GROW UP, a coming of age film with Bobby Driscoll,produced by S.P.Eagle [sam Spiegel]in the early 50's ; not a Disney film.

cody1949,

Since UNDERWORLD is being released on DVD by Criterion in August. It is likely that it will be shown on TCM at some point. Probably THE DOCKS OF NEW YORK and THE LAST COMMAND as well. Having seen these, CHILDREN OF DIVORCE is even more desirable, since I have not seen that picture. Bill Wellman's BEGGARS OF LIFE was restored by George Eastman House in 2006. So it's not impossible that this could show up eventually. Another great Paramount Silent that is almost never seen is Rowland V. Lee's BARBED WIRE (1927) with Pola Negri and Clive Brook.

I would be remiss not to mention Swanson's STAGE STRUCK (1925) since it is in Two-Color Technicolor. And that leads us to THE VIKING (1928) in a more advanced form of Two-Color Technicolor, which TCM hasn't run in some 10 years. And when are we going to see NOAH'S ARK again? hasn't aired since at least 2003.

By the way, Flicker Alley is releasing the restored CHICAGO (1927) next month on DVD. I was certain that TCM would pick this up.

How about a day for William Castle, Boris Karloff, Vincent Price and Ingrid Pitt (Hammer Films). Also:

The Black Sleep (1956)

Carnival of Souls (1962)

Strait-Jacket (1964)

The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism (1967)

Craze (1973)

Hideous Sun Demon (1959)

She Demons (1959)

The Unnatural (1952)

Vampyr (1932)

Mr. Sardonicus (1961)

Homicidal (1961)

A Reflection of Fear (1973)

Prince,

How about *WHISPERING WIRES (1926)?* In any event none of the films that you mentioned will be shown anytime soon, if ever. We might perhaps get a repeat of *THE BLACKBIRD* which I would welcome seeing. As for Lon Chaney, what happened to *WHERE EAST IS EAST (1929)* with Lupe Velez? Not broadcast at all in over a decade. Long since over-due.

some Garbo silents: The Single Standard, Flesh and the Devil, Love, Wild Orchids, and the last silent made at MGM - The Kiss

some not so familiar Garbo talkies: Susan Lenox (with Gable), Romance, (oscar nomination)

Inspiration, Conquest (with Boyer) and my all time pick: As You Desire Me!

when you see these flicks, you will see why she was and still is untouchable!

I'm hoping for the following movies, which have, seemingly, disappeared from the face of the earth:

1) The Accused (1948, w/Loretta Young; GREAT Noir-Type Thriller!)

2) The Pride Of St. Louis (1952, w/Dan Dailey playing the great Dizzy Dean!)

3) Employees' Entrance (1933, w/Loretta Young; SUPER Pre-Code!)

4) Skyscraper Souls (1932, w/Warren William; QUITE RISQUE Pre-Code!)

.......and so many more rarely-shown great movies!

> {quote:title=oldgangstersnoirnut wrote:}{quote}

> I'm hoping for the following movies, which have, seemingly, disappeared from the face of the earth:

>

> 1) The Accused (1948, w/Loretta Young; GREAT Noir-Type Thriller!)

> 2) The Pride Of St. Louis (1952, w/Dan Dailey playing the great Dizzy Dean!)

> 3) Employees' Entrance (1933, w/Loretta Young; SUPER Pre-Code!)

> 4) Skyscraper Souls (1932, w/Warren William; QUITE RISQUE Pre-Code!)

>

I'm pretty sure that The Pride of St. Louis turns up on Fox Movie Channel periodically, and Fox did issue it at least once on VHS.

*Skyscraper Souls* has indeed been shown a number of times in the past few years.

But if you're really missing it, the ghost of skyscrapersouls still posts here.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

• 2 weeks later...

While I'd be pleasantly surprised and pleased with an October featuring the classic Universal Horror films, I wouldn't mind if TCM presented the more kitschy Fifties horror films.

You know, like all the ones with mutant insects or animals -

*The Deadly Mantis*

*The Mole People*

*Tarantula!*

*The Wasp Woman*

*The Beast With 1,000,000 Eyes*

*The Killer Shrews* (coming up in July!)

space creatures -

*Invasion Of The Saucer Men*

*It Came From Outer Space*

*The Man From Planet X*

*Target Earth*

or the scariest of all - Women!

*The She Creature*

*The Astounding She Monster*

*Attack of the 50-Foot Woman*

*Devil Girls From Mars*

*The Snake Woman*

*Voodoo Woman*

*Terror From The Year 5000*

(Does *The Killer Shrews* belong in this category too?)

Kyle In Hollywood

Kyle, I see a few John Agar films on your list - how about a The Good-bad Sci Fi Films of John Agar Festival? Throw in *The Brain From Planet Arous*, *Zontar, Thing From Venus*, *Invisible Invaders*, a few more, and all you need is the popcorn... and perhaps a sense of humor.

How about a tribute for Linda Darnell's b-day, October 16th. It would be a first at TCM for her, I believe. It is possible, since TCM has recently shown some of her movies done at 20th, including the classics THE MARK OF ZORRO, BLOOD AND SAND, A LETTER TO THREE WIVES, and NO WAY OUT. I'm not sure if they've shown others that are now on DVD, like DAYTIME WIFE, HANGOVER SQUARE or FALLEN ANGEL.

Additionally, some of the films done elsewhere can be shown, like ZERO HOUR, BLACKBEARD THE PIRATE (which TCM has shown), including two recently released on DVD: SUMMER STORM and ISLAND OF DESIRE.

They showed HANGOVER SQUARE last year when they had an evening for Laird Cregar. I would LOVE to see Linda Darnell get a bday tribute....and I am keeping my fingers crossed for the first person who did a majority of their films at Fox to get the SOTM treatment.