Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ultimate Movie Trivia

cujas sorry, didn't see that you had posted a question. However I still don't see where 6's left the thread open since he answered Heston correctly. I couldn't care less who goes, my comment was for movieman. As a new poster he may not be aware of the rules around here.

No, tho a good guess, it?s not Zachary Scott. Seems Miss Crawford had a penchant, once she?d become a Top Movie Star, for selecting leading men who were not as legendary as she?this actor is best remembered for another film in which he starred with a beauty who was 15 years younger than Crawford and only about a decade younger than her leading man?

When movie stars say" I'm ready for my close-up", they have one man to thank for the technique.

Please name this cinematographer, his boss-director, and one example of a film where he used this device. Brownie point for the name of the duos star.

FYI--This was a question from my Film 101 Class in College

Edited by: cujas on Jun 28, 2010 4:07 PM

Mr. 6, I cannot deny that that close-up was the first one they showed in film class.

However, the popularization and artistic development of the close-up has always been attributed to

Billy Bitzer, DW Griffith's cameraman, in films like *Orphans of the Storm*91921) and *Broken Blossoms*(1919) starring Lillian Gish.

Since I'm not the Movie Professor--I won't argue with you--

Mr. 6 its all yours!